Client lifting problem, any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruby-nails

Reaction score
I did a full set of acylics on a lady last Friday, who came back in to see me on the Monday with 2 nails missing and really bad product lifting around the cuticles of all her nails, but her thumbs were the worst lifting about a quarter the size of her nail.
I have never had lifting like this on me or anyone else, so I just wondered if anyone has any ideas. Also since doing her nails I have done others and they are fine.
Now I know she is going through the menopause, also she has really flat nails. She has always had lifting when she's had acylics in the past and her sisters are exactly the same. She doesn't appear to have oily nails and her hands aren't clammy at all, nail enamel lasts well on her. SO, I am having one more go on Friday and would appreciate any tips on extra products if poss or reasons for why this happens to her.

On her nails I used Retention, Ultra Powders, Scrubfresh, Nail Fresh, Non Acid Primer, I did one hand at a time and the ratios were correct. I removed the cuticle using cuticle remover, got her to wash her hands, removed the shine, pressed the product firmly onto the nail - you know all the usual. ANy help appreciated.

SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT TOLERATE liquid & Powder. If she told you that she has not had a tolerance for it in the past and her family are the same, it surprises me that you did not use Gel on her (or at least do a few test nails) instead to see how she did with 2 different types of applicationa and product.

She sounds like one of these people if you have no problems with others and given her history with L&P. No refund ... she knew the score before she had them applied and so did you.

Thanks for that Geeg J. Well, I don’t do gels at the mo, just acrylic so I didn’t have that option I’m afraid. At our initial consultation I knew she had a history of lifting, but I guess I just wanted to see for myself. She was also going to a wedding that weekend so it really needed to be a full set. She does know the score, so there won’t be a refund, just wondered if there were any extra products like a better primer or something I could use and maybe an idea why this happens to some people. I've heard flat nails can be a problem?

My sister was the same, acrylic just would not stay at all, so we did a set of sculptered gels and never looked back, If you use creative you could scrub fresh - nail fresh - scrub fresh & primer, just as a super super prep, the change can be a funny thing????? does she use solar oil twice daily?? if not she should!! flat nails are only problems if tipping as you need to go 2 sizes bigger and custom to the nail for the ironing board nail or sculpt. HTH ?? :hug: xx

My sister was the same, acrylic just would not stay at all, so we did a set of sculptered gels and never looked back, If you use creative you could scrub fresh - nail fresh - scrub fresh & primer, just as a super super prep, the change can be a funny thing????? does she use solar oil twice daily?? if not she should!! flat nails are only problems if tipping as you need to go 2 sizes bigger and custom to the nail for the ironing board nail or sculpt. HTH ?? :hug: xx

When I have enough money I am definately going to do gels, and I can't wait to be able to offer everything, its just my budget holding me back not my enthusiasm. I am doing her nails again on Friday, so I will try using larger tips and hope that stops the nails from coming off, but I am also going to try the No Lift Primer. Then if that doesnt work, I guess its just manicures for her and hope she waits until I can offer gels.

Keep us updated wont you!! with all your enthusiasm you will go far :hug:xx

I had a client once who couldn't keep normal l&p on but we had a try with Odourless liquid and it was a lot better, just a thought hth x

I had a client once who couldn't keep normal l&p on but we had a try with Odourless liquid and it was a lot better, just a thought hth x

Sorry to sound really dumb... which brand make odourless liquid? I didn't even know it came odourless.

Hi, I think NSI do an Odurless Acrylic, also there is a system called OPI Clarite that is odurless,and so do stars nails, I don't know if it will make a difference???

Yep it was NSI's spa liquid that I used but there are others too hth x

btw I found it took a bit longer to cure

if the lady is going through the monopause then she may be on medication for this.as we are taught any medication can interfere with the sustaining of our nails maybe you should try to use other systems for her like the other techs have suggested.

Also if you are using retention+ you do not need a primer, it is a primer less system,
i would try the scrubfresh sandwich prep, always works with my lift prone clients,
scrubfresh
nailfresh
then scrubfresh again

really work that scrubfresh into the nail plate for a good 5 seconds each time and try doing one nail at a time,
i have one client that used to get terrible lifting and this is the only way it works with her nails.
If you still have no joy then yes she will have to have manicures until you train in gel hth

Latest posts

Back