Client losing natural lashes following laser eye surgery?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkster

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've just had a client contact me that is loosing her natural lashes at a fast rate & she is really worried. She had corrective laser surgery a few weeks ago and now has to use some drops which she says make her lashes stick together then they fall out?

I will get her to check with the phyisician that did the treatment but she is getting married in about 6 weeks time and wants to know if I can do anything with some cluster party lashes if they have not grown back by then?

What do you think? Would it be safe to use some lashes on her? Will her lashes take the usual amount of time to grow back? Anyone with any experience of this before?

Thanks for your help

Emma x

i would not recomend under any circumstances that u do them without her asking the doc first!!

Personally, I wouldn't apply cluster lashes or any other kind of lash enhancements that "sit" on top of the natural lash as the additional weight could further damage her lashes.

My advice would be for her to use strip lashes for her big day. There are loads of different styles available now so she could start trying a few now to get the look she wants.

I had laser eye surgery a year ago, She shouldn't be wearing make up or even rubbing her eyes for at least 2 weeks after surgery.

As for her lashes falling out, maybe shes picking them when the drops have dried, they do leave some white residue on the lashes which needs to be cleaned with a dry cotton bud very, VERY carefully. This could maybe be pulling the lashes out if the drops go onto her lashes and she picks it off later?

She should be having regular check ups at the eye surgery place, I went the day after, 2 weeks later, then a month later. I'd get her to ask the staff there about why her lashes could be falling out.

In terms of your lashes, I would feel confident doing them 6 weeks after surgery but you need to be very gentle as her eyes are still healing, eg. do not press on the actual eye ball as this could be uncomfortable for her. After 6 weeks I still had bruises on my eyes so I wouldn't of personally felt comofrtable about having lashes until at least 3 months after surgery.

My lashes are fine, the only problem is that I tend to get more melia around my eyes now and sometimes my eyes go very blurry and I can't see!

Hope that helps xxx

Thanks Geeks,

I did suggest strip lashes but she was not keen as they don't look quite as natural (she never normally wears any make-up at all!). She also said that the drops are sticking her lashes together so yes perhaps they are falling out as a result of her being a bit vigorus when cleansing.

I'll see what her physician says and then test out some strip lashes instead to find a nice natural looking set.

x

Good call. I think Strip would be a good way to go, maybe try a small brown set if she never wears make up. I'm cringing at the thought of her scrubing her eyes, you have to be so careful around surgery time, her eyes are precious!

The strips are the way forward! U can get fairly natural looking ones too! Hope she goes for strip lashes and nothing harsh on the eye! Def not party lashes!!!

Good call. I think Strip would be a good way to go, maybe try a small brown set if she never wears make up. I'm cringing at the thought of her scrubing her eyes, you have to be so careful around surgery time, her eyes are precious!

Thank you, I have passed this info on to her, it's nice when someone has had a similar experience so she does not feel quite so alone!

X

Latest posts

Back