Client mistook Nailtiques Formula 2 for Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
A few months back I gave my friend a bottle of Nailtiques Formula 2+ along with a 15ml Solar Oil to help her weak nails.

Yesterday she decided to have acrylic overlay with Gelish on top. Told her verbally to use the Solar Oil I gave her (showed her my bottle too when applying at end of treatment) as well as written aftercare stating to use Solar Oil.

She's just text me with a photo of the 'oil' she's been using asking if it's the right one...she's been putting the Nailtiques recovery polish on and rubbing it in...!?!? It's now caked all over her nails and down sidewalls and Im thinking it needs to come off...only thing is i was worried about the longevity of the nails i put on anyway as we've had issues in the past. So putting any removal solutions anywhere near her nails, none acetone or not, scares me.

Don't know what to do...help?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm lost for words really. Do you think perhaps she can't read?

I would have her come in, do a manicure but explain you are wary of doing enhancements on her at the moment in case it will cause problems as she wasn't using the product correctly.

Good luck.

No she can definitely read :p

She's still got the nails on - it's a trial for her wedding so we are trying to see how long they last with her having been prone to lifting/chipping in the past (she has eczema so uses lots of medicated creams and scratches a lot). Taking them off so soon isn't really an option :-( I just don't know whether to risk telling her to use non acetone nail polish remover given how volatile the situation is! :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi, I have a client who always paints over her gelish to hide the re growth. She removes the varnish with non acetone remover and it doesn't seem to affect the gel in anyway at all
Hth xx

I'm lost for words really. Do you think perhaps she can't read?

I would have her come in, do a manicure but explain you are wary of doing enhancements on her at the moment in case it will cause problems as she wasn't using the product correctly.

Good luck.

Rinn that really made me laugh!!!!!!!!! 😊

Latest posts

Back