Client nail shape change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

juliepc

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if you charge extra when you refill you client nail and they want to change from square nails to Oval or whatever shape they like etc.. I find it very time consuming when they change their nails from square to almond or any other shapes when they come for a fill. Should i be charging extra and if so how much would you think is reasonable thanks ;-)

blossom

Reaction score
No I don't charge extra for that, I've always considered it part of the service. Will be watching to see what others do though :)

pure

Reaction score
No I don't charge either.

Carla-laa

Reaction score
No I don't charge, I've never even thought about it to be honest. I also consider it as part of the service like you'd take down the length if required, you'd also adjust the shape.

lessthanthree

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this too, especially with maintaining a flat lower arch, applying new product to keep the side view flat definitely takes a bit of effort/time.

What about if they want to change from a stiletto to a square? Would you carve out the c-curve / barrel view and apply new product with a form or would you file them off and create the free edge again?

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this too, especially with maintaining a flat lower arch, applying new product to keep the side view flat definitely takes a bit of effort/time.

What about if they want to change from a stiletto to a square? Would you carve out the c-curve / barrel view and apply new product with a form or would you file them off and create the free edge again?
In your particular example I would tell the client they could have square at the shortest length available after removing the stiletto extra length, however, if they wanted long square a new set would be required and charge accordingly.

I would consider that a change of set rather than change of shape

lessthanthree

Reaction score
In your particular example I would tell the client they could have square at the shortest length available after removing the stiletto extra length, however, if they wanted long square a new set would be required and charge accordingly.

I would consider that a change of set rather than change of shape
Thankyou, I haven't come across the circumstance yet other than on myself, but I like to be prepared! Much appreciated Trinity :)

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
No, I'd never charge for it, they always need re-filing anyway to refine them no matter what shape they have and if you're using decent files a shape change shouldn't be any more time consuming than just refinement. 2-3 minutes extra, if that :)

juliepc

Reaction score
I have done my recherche online and find that many of salon are now charging 3-5$ usd. I have decided to put a price for a nail shape change with a fill as It take a long time to change them and extra gel to make them look good like a natural curve nail is suppose to look like and filling etc.. thanks for all your help ;-)

Ya Nails

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if you charge extra when you refill you client nail and they want to change from square nails to Oval or whatever shape they like etc.. I find it very time consuming when they change their nails from square to almond or any other shapes when they come for a fill. Should i be charging extra and if so how much would you think is reasonable thanks ;-)
No I don't charge extra and love it for the experience. I love sculpting new shapes to nails as they become my mini canvass, awaiting colour. As a nail polish addict from way back, I can't not wear coloured nails and all my clients wear colour and painted nail art design.

Latest posts