Client nail shape change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliepc

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if you charge extra when you refill you client nail and they want to change from square nails to Oval or whatever shape they like etc.. I find it very time consuming when they change their nails from square to almond or any other shapes when they come for a fill. Should i be charging extra and if so how much would you think is reasonable thanks ;-)

No I don't charge extra for that, I've always considered it part of the service. Will be watching to see what others do though :)

No I don't charge either.

No I don't charge, I've never even thought about it to be honest. I also consider it as part of the service like you'd take down the length if required, you'd also adjust the shape.

I've been wondering about this too, especially with maintaining a flat lower arch, applying new product to keep the side view flat definitely takes a bit of effort/time.

What about if they want to change from a stiletto to a square? Would you carve out the c-curve / barrel view and apply new product with a form or would you file them off and create the free edge again?

I've been wondering about this too, especially with maintaining a flat lower arch, applying new product to keep the side view flat definitely takes a bit of effort/time.

What about if they want to change from a stiletto to a square? Would you carve out the c-curve / barrel view and apply new product with a form or would you file them off and create the free edge again?

In your particular example I would tell the client they could have square at the shortest length available after removing the stiletto extra length, however, if they wanted long square a new set would be required and charge accordingly.

I would consider that a change of set rather than change of shape

In your particular example I would tell the client they could have square at the shortest length available after removing the stiletto extra length, however, if they wanted long square a new set would be required and charge accordingly.

I would consider that a change of set rather than change of shape

Thankyou, I haven't come across the circumstance yet other than on myself, but I like to be prepared! Much appreciated Trinity :)

No, I'd never charge for it, they always need re-filing anyway to refine them no matter what shape they have and if you're using decent files a shape change shouldn't be any more time consuming than just refinement. 2-3 minutes extra, if that :)

I have done my recherche online and find that many of salon are now charging 3-5$ usd. I have decided to put a price for a nail shape change with a fill as It take a long time to change them and extra gel to make them look good like a natural curve nail is suppose to look like and filling etc.. thanks for all your help ;-)

Hi
I was wondering if you charge extra when you refill you client nail and they want to change from square nails to Oval or whatever shape they like etc.. I find it very time consuming when they change their nails from square to almond or any other shapes when they come for a fill. Should i be charging extra and if so how much would you think is reasonable thanks ;-)
No I don't charge extra and love it for the experience. I love sculpting new shapes to nails as they become my mini canvass, awaiting colour. As a nail polish addict from way back, I can't not wear coloured nails and all my clients wear colour and painted nail art design.

Latest posts

Back