Client no show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Sorry, this is long, is really appreciate your thoughts on this...

I had a client “no show” Thursday (9th) for a £60 appointment. She paid half when she booked in online, she’s been coming to me regularly since last Feb. I text her 5 mins after she didn’t turn up to check she was on her way, then tried to call her twice, with no answer and no answer phone to leave a message on.
After waiting 45mins (she was my last client of the evening) I went home. I marked on my online system that she was a no show which then sends them an email which says-
“If you paid a booking fee this is non refundable as stated in the terms & conditions and the remaining cost of your treatment will be taken automatically. If you already paid the full cost you do not have to do anything further.

We would of tried to contact you 5 mins after the start time of your appointment, with no reply or correspondence after 15mins the appointment will of expired/been cancelled.”

I can charge her payment method via my system but this has never happened before, that I’ve not heard anything from a no show. They would usually reply that they forgot, or booked wrong day etc. But not having any contact I did wonder if something bad has happened to her and I don’t know so I don’t like to then ask for the rest of the payment until I know the circumstances.
Usually if people miss a booking they willingly pay the rest so I’ve not had to ever charge the remaining amount from my end.
I know it was almost 2 weeks ago now, but what do you think/what would you do?
My Ts&Cs are agreed to upon booking that no shows are charged in full.
I don’t know anyone else that knows her so there’s no way of me knowing that she is even ok. I really think if she didn’t want to come anymore she would of cancelled/let me know.
Thanks for reading if you got this far!

The fact that she’s been coming to you regularly and you’ve had no replies to your messages does make me wonder if she’s ok?
In your shoes, I’d probably leave it at losing her deposit, unless you hear more.

Also, I don’t wish to be pedantic but please change your wording to something like ‘we tried to contact you’. ‘The appointment has now expired’.
You’ve confused ‘have’ and ‘of’ and it does ruin the professional flow of your wording.

I’d agree. Just keep the deposit money until you know more. There’s potentially a whole host of reasons for the no show and no contact and there’s only so much you can do to check up on her. It might be something as simple as changing phone number, moving house, no internet, in bed with flu or the main one is that they are abroad on holiday so aren’t checking their messages.
Any activity on her Facebook page?

All you can do is just sit and wait. Perhaps she’ll be back later in the year.

Thankyou both for your replies.
Thanks haircuts I will change it now I can see what you mean.
CFBS she doesn’t have Facebook.
It is very strange I do have a bad feeling unfortunately but I suppose unless she rebooks I’ll never find out. Thankyou both for your help.

The fact that she’s been coming to you regularly and you’ve had no replies to your messages does make me wonder if she’s ok?
In your shoes, I’d probably leave it at losing her deposit, unless you hear more.

Also, I don’t wish to be pedantic but please change your wording to something like ‘we tried to contact you’. ‘The appointment has now expired’.
You’ve confused ‘have’ and ‘of’ and it does ruin the professional flow of your wording.
Agree. No use trying to act professional when the wording is wrong. Especially if it's to do with terms & conditions and taking money from people.

Latest posts

Back