Client Obsessed with Hand Lotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
My very good friend, model and now client is obsessive about applying hand moisturiser. She puts it on by day about every hour and by night she wakes up regularly to put it on. I think actually she should seek help but from a technicians point of view its a nightmare. I cant get polish to stay on her, it bubbles up after a couple of days no matter how hard I dehydrate her nails beforehand. Lately I gave her a silk NNO. Within a few days she came to me with only half still on in their entirity. She said they lifted around the cuticle to about half way up the nail. Of course she couldn't resist and started picking after that!!!

Has anyone else come across this sort of thing? Not sure whether to persevere with the wraps or try acrylc or gel.

emmad said:
My very good friend, model and now client is obsessive about applying hand moisturiser. She puts it on by day about every hour and by night she wakes up regularly to put it on. I think actually she should seek help but from a technicians point of view its a nightmare. I cant get polish to stay on her, it bubbles up after a couple of days no matter how hard I dehydrate her nails beforehand. Lately I gave her a silk NNO. Within a few days she came to me with only half still on in their entirity. She said they lifted around the cuticle to about half way up the nail. Of course she couldn't resist and started picking after that!!!

Has anyone else come across this sort of thing? Not sure whether to persevere with the wraps or try acrylc or gel.

I am quite like your client, as I apply hand cream as I love hand cream a do apply it every time after I have washed my hands, and wear wraps and never have a problem with lifting due to this.

Now some of my fellow technicians might disagree, as I might be wrong but I would not have thought the use of hand cream to be the cause, (thats if it is being removed from the nail plate prior to application)

Do you use a cuticle remover prior to application and then really scrub with the a sanitiser/dhydrator... and you could try Creatives Nail Fresh I beleive this is very good for removing any remaining natural oils from the nail plate and helps clients that are prone to lifting, its like a back up to their Scrub fresh...hope this helps

Thanks Louise, maybe next time I place an order with Creative I'll try some nail fresh.
Honestly honestly I used cuticle remover and a really good dose of dehydrator, also made doubly sure the white block got right down to the cuticle, I was really conscoius about the polish coming off before and made a big effort. I've had wraps Myself for months and I've applied more sets on other people than I can remember and no one else has ever had this problem.
I asked her how many times a day she puts it on and she estimated at 20!! She does the same with her feet! I stayed in a hotel room with her recently and she woke me up several times in the night with this "slip slap slop" noise!
I might try gel on her later this week if she will let me.

to wake up in the night and put hand cream on seems a tad extreme....crickey, I thought I was bad...

Hope this sorts the problem out for you hun, or she just have to stop wearing polish :cry:

Go for it with the gel but dont see why this would change unless the prep changes.

Have you thought about using a powerseal for the polish, that sets under a UV lamp...nail order sell it I think....

Latest posts

Back