Client phoned me yesterday, Sunday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Is it just me or would you be mad at a client phoning you on a Sunday?
At nearly 7 in the eve, I answered my phone to a blocked number.
"Hi, sorry for calling on a Sunday. I would like you to do my highlights this week?"
I have never done this persons hair although she lives close by.
Would you be annoyed?

Honestly.... No not really! If it was 2 in the morning I'd be fuming! But 7 isn't to bad!!

No I wouldn't mind. I took 3 bookings yesterday, but I'm mobile so maybe it's different xxx

I'm beauty salon but run through my mobile people often call me on Sunday and bank holidays I don't answer anything after 8pm and before 9am but other than that I'm happy for the business ;) and for cancellations on a Monday would prefer them to let me know the day before not just before there due to be in ;) depends on yourself really if you don't want Sunday bookings make it clear just take there name and number and say I will call you back as Sunday is my family day I'm sure they will understand x

Thanks for replies, I must be awful narky so:)
I'm mobile too but want to cut back on work for summer so I can be home more with kids;)

It depends on what I'm doing on a Sunday as to whether I answer or not. It is the one day I have off so if I'm busy or spending quality time with my other half I'll let the answerphone get it and either call them back later on or on Monday morning.

I recently went away for the weekend and although I had made all my clients aware, put a note on my website and changed my answerphone message my phone rang constantly, that bugged me a bit so switched it off and called them when I got back.

I'm mobile and mainly book through fb ...I was still doing this past midnight last night lol x

Wouldn't bother me personally, i'd be thinking 'great, a new customer!' lol

I was phoned yesterday. When I said that it was a bank holiday and I'm closed Sunday, Monday & Tuesday, they then asked if they could make an appointment Monday, if not could they have one for Tuesday, this after telling them I was closed for those days.

I was in the middle of a family get together & finally told this person - 'sorry I'm fully booked for the rest of the week'.

I hate it when people phone on a Sunday, we do deserve some days off, grrr. Rant over. :) x

Ummm i wouldnt be as annoyed as when someone rang me on my day off at 7 in the morn lol im not a morning person haha!!

I do get where your coming from thow.. I dont often get called on a sunday but people will text or email.. But i think thats different as i can reply when im free!! I think its difficult when its your own business as you dont want to miss potential new clients!!

Just a thought, have you guys thought about buying a cheap mobile phone with the pay-as-you-go Sim card and using that for your business calls? That way you can answer your business calls on that mobile and keep your personal number for your ordinary friends and family?

I bet text messages at all hours until I switch my phone off, I answer them all as it could be a prospective client.

IMO I would never turn away a client that called me, text me on my day off, when Im with family or at 7pm in the evening as what i do pays bills and puts food on the table, so I would never turn away a prospective client or not pick up the call.

If I dont want my clients to contact me I swtich my phone off call them back when I can talk.

My family are very understanding about me taking business calls as it puts food on their table and helps keep a roof over their head!

It does not bother me at all I am on holiday at the moment and have had clients calling me, I just book them in for when I am back as the new clients could become regular loyal clients. That's just my opinion.

Kirsty

It would not have bothered me at first as I would have thaught great new client, but once you are established and busy all week you need a break. However it also matters what it says on your flyers and what you have said to clients. Maby on your price list put a small polite notice, something like "due to sunday being my only day off, I dont do treatments or take bookings that day". And when you are planning their next appointment if they need to ring and book say to ring me any time, except sunday as thats my day off. Or have a work phone and turn it off when you dont want to talk to anyone. There are only so many clients and phone calls you can take when you are working alone. x

I was emailing a supplier back and forth last night til gone 12. I love the fact that people will take the time to talk to me even if it is slightly inconvenient, it got late so stopped emailing and continued in the morning.

Saying that a few months ago I had a call at 2 oclock in the morning by a slightly drunk client wanting a maintenance at 9 o'clock the following morning... I finally said yeah but please don't do this again to me and then she didn't show up for maintenances and I haven't seen her since... Now that's annoying!

Latest posts

Back