Client pulling off tips!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been having trouble with a client in the fact that she can't seem to keep on any tips no matter what overlay i put on.

She lost 3 last week (5 days after i'd applied gel), then she's told me this morning that she's now got none on as she took the rest off herself!!!

I've eventually got it out of her that she's in fact pulled the rest off (ouch), which obviusly is resulting in her natural nail being thin.

This being the case, she wants me to do her another full set of gel tonight as it's her wedding on saturday.

The nails are not sore, but she is a nail biter and they are thin (though not exactly see through thin).

So to the point, my questions,

1. Would it be ok to put her another full set on

2. Is there anything i can put over her natural nail to give it a bit of strength before i put the tip and gel overlay on (like fibreglass for instants??)

Her fingers do look horrid with no tips on (all stumpy and chewed), is there anything i can do to make them look better for her.

Em.xx

Oh and she's been told off and is feeling really sorry for herself. :)

Hi Emma,

I note from your other post that you use IBD gel, which is also what I use.

The only problem with using gel on an already thin nail plate is your client may experience 'heat spike' which can be uncomfortable if not painful (maybe this would stop her ripping them off!!!! ;) ) I always offer fibreglass for a client with thin nail plates.

I too am a nail biter, always will be :D but I can't take mine off when using IBD gel as it's tooooo painful. I can't imagine how your client manages to take them all off with her teeth. Does this client have problems with lifting? Do you apply a thin layer of gel or do you build up the stress area?

If she continues with this practice of self removal, I would advise your client that you will no longer apply the enhancements. Maybe if you nicely but firmly point out the damage she is doing to her own nail she may respect the enhancements and your advice. Nail biters, don't you just love them. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well they certainly make life interesting!!

Yeah, beats me how she rips them off - imagine the pain.

I have no idea if she has trouble with lifting as she doesn't think she does - apparently they just ping OFF!!!

Maybe fibreglass would be better, followed by a coat of ultraseal - what do youreckon??

Oh and on the gel application front, i apply builder gel in one coat, buildingt he strss area (stinging the gel) - they look lovely when she leaves. ;-(

If you're building the stress area with the stringing method, then there is no way her nails would 'ping off' :rolleyes: She is sitting ther with her nails in her mouth having a good old chew!!!!! :lol:

You could try her with fibreglass and put the ultra seal on the top, however, fibreglass are not as strong as gel so you will need to keep the nails short. Also tell her to apply her Solar Oil (if you use it) often. It's funny but I've never used the ultraseal with another system and am sitting here with one hand in fibreglass/ultraseal nd the other in gel. Road testing it with fibreglass before using it on my customers :D

Sorry I would disagree with the fact that fibreglass is not as strong as gel - I wear Fabric and its as strong as my L&P and Gels I have worn IMO.. but hell sounds like she bite em off whatever is put on...

Why not paint the nails red and seal them with your gel finishing coat maybe she will be less likely to rip em off - she will look a bit daft with the odd finger nail painted... :eek:

plaoh said:
If you're building the stress area with the stringing method, then there is no way her nails would 'ping off' :rolleyes: She is sitting ther with her nails in her mouth having a good old chew!!!!! :lol:
My thoughts exactly!!!

I think i'll put it to her later on the fibreglass or gel overlay front.

Just wish something would stay on her, it gets you down when they can't seem to keep them on.

never lose one that i put on my own nails!!

Em.xx

I too am a nail biter/picker. When I have L&P on its rare I can resist a good chew, or even chew off. My suggestion is to apply a nasty tasting varnish (you know the ones I mean - dont know if they have a special name) to try and stop her biting over her enhancement. Also for her to use handcream.... you cant bite your nails after applying.

Fab Freak said:
Sorry I would disagree with the fact that fibreglass is not as strong as gel - I wear Fabric and its as strong as my L&P and Gels I have worn IMO.. but hell sounds like she bite em off whatever is put on...

Why not paint the nails red and seal them with your gel finishing coat maybe she will be less likely to rip em off - she will look a bit daft with the odd finger nail painted... :eek:
Yeah obviously v.hungry when bored!!

Kimberley0699 said:
I too am a nail biter/picker. When I have L&P on its rare I can resist a good chew, or even chew off. My suggestion is to apply a nasty tasting varnish (you know the ones I mean - dont know if they have a special name) to try and stop her biting over her enhancement. Also for her to use handcream.... you cant bite your nails after applying.
Thought about putting her in a straight jacket with her arms tied out the way!!

My luck she'd still manage to nibble

my view is... if your a biter, your a biter. You may just have to sit her down and tell her to GET SOME WILLPOWER!!

[

Just wish something would stay on her, it gets you down when they can't seem to keep them on.

never lose one that i put on my own nails!!

Em.xx[/QUOTE]

If you never lose one of your own nails then you know that they are ok. It does knock you confidence when customers make out that their nails just 'pinged off into the air', but we both know that nails don't fall off, they are assisted :biggrin:

Louise is correct concerning the Fabric, it's what I use, however, I wasn't sure what fibreglass you were using. I also believe that although all three systems are strong, some products are better than others when it comes to good old nail biters, but that is only my opinion :o

Hi, i would say for me L&P works better and is stronger compared to Fibreglass. But thats just me, i have a client that gets on better with fibreglass compared to L&P so everyone's different.

I am slao a nail biter but have got out of the habit of biting my enhancements. My problem is when i don't have any on that i start on my natural nails. So i never go wothout, my nails then grow underneath and look better for it.

Some nail biters don't even know they are doing it, its such a bad habit they cant stop themselves. I would keep them relatively short and only make them longer if she leaves them alone.

If you're doing the enhancements today, is there really no chance that she can try to apply some will power between now and Saturday so that they look nice for her wedding? It really is down to her and you cant do it for her! Dont be letting her think its anything to do with you coz it isnt and maybe if she's feeling sorry for herself coz she's been told off its the best possible thing coz she will be more careful with them. Maybe also tell her that if she does anything between now and Saturday you wont be able to fix it so she'll look silly?

I might just wire her mouth shut!!!

I'll just have to lay it on thick to her thatwhat she's doing is no good for her nails and that if she carries on her nails will be so thin that even i won't be able to help her.

See what she thinks to that.

I know she loved it when i did fibreglass ones on her nails (they looked really good), but they apparently 'pinged off', so that was why we did gel in the 1st place.

Wonder if i could do fibreglass over tips then a thin layer of gel - does anyone know if that would work??

(please don't shout at me if it is a no no and i'm commiting some sin!!!)

Latest posts

Back