Client putting me in a difficult position

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
Good afternoon geeks

I took on a wedding booking for initially 4 hair ups and two makeups, the bride then changed her mind and wanted 6 hair ups instead, which find as I can do these without an assistant.

I told her a month in advance of her trial that I would need confirmed numbers at least 1 week after the trial , which she did.

She has now got back to me a month after the trial telling me she wants a makeup application for her bridesmaid possibly adding to the contract.

The trouble is I can not do 6 hair ups, plus a makeup application on my own as the hair ups are quite technical.

I have told her that I can only accommodate the makeup application if I can get an assistant to either do the preparation on the bridesmaids hair or do their hair or do the makeup.

The thing is it's proving difficult to find some and if I do I dont think I should be paying for this as I've told her when the deadline was and her bridesmaid never got back to her/me and I don't see why i should paying for an assistant and their travel costs when I can do 6 hair ups on my own which was agreed before the deadline date and to hire someone just to a makeup application who'll cost more than what I'm charging.

I feel like saying that best thing for her bridesmaid to do is to hire a separate artist of her own to come and do the her makeup if she wants it, as the cost to bride for hiring some to help me wil be too much for me to ask to cover?

You sound far too nice. You either choose to find the assistant yourself and add on all costs to the bill, because you are one person and can only do so much, OR tell her you can swap one hair up for makeup application OR you ask her to find a separate makeup artist and areange it herself. If you have recommendations you can pass them along. I would do the latter personally.

You are one person, you can only do so much.

Don't pay for an assistant yourself. If she goes for that option, deffo add the whole cost of your assistant onto the bill. It shouldn't cost you money to do her makeup! I know what you mean though…the bridezilla fog turns reasonable people into divas!!

The way I see it is

a) go an hour earlier to the appointment & fit everyone in & make more money

B) organise a mua to meet you there (sub contact) but bill them the full cost to pay her plus a little for your time

C) let them sort their own mua

Thank you for all you advice!

The new deadline for her to get back was at 2pm on Sunday and she failed to contact me AGAIN , so I either way I will not be doing her makeup.

How rude!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
that's what I was gonna say. You gave her a deadline and she changed her mind afterwards....she will prob do it again. In this case she didn't confirm by the already extended deadline..so don't back down

If you had gone the mua route I bet when you turned up on the day with a mua in tow, she'd change her mind and not want makeup!!!

Latest posts

Back