Client reaction to patch test - very angry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unreal, what were you massaging her with, a baseball bat?! Lol!

Unreal, what were you massaging her with, a baseball bat?! Lol!

Hahaha seems so I can't get to those deep dark tension nodules my pretty wwwhhhhaaaaa :D

Sounds to me like she knew she would react. That's why she didn't want her face doing. Chances are she wanted to get a reaction to make a claim but chickened out at the last minute.

The whole point of a patch test is to do exactly what happened in this instance - to avoid a far more severe reaction should she have had her whole body tanned.

If this goes to insurance (which any reasonable person wouldn't go within a mile of in this instance), then I sure as hell hope that they have a database of people who have made similar claims in the past - in case she gets flagged up on a similar claim.

I won't mince my words - she sounds like a mardy cow trying to get you to panic to give her treatments for free - and you really don't want to do that in case she tries something else like that on - if I ran a salon, she would be a "persona non grata" straight away!

The whole point of a patch test is to do exactly what happened in this instance - to avoid a far more severe reaction should she have had her whole body tanned.

If this goes to insurance (which any reasonable person wouldn't go within a mile of in this instance), then I sure as hell hope that they have a database of people who have made similar claims in the past - in case she gets flagged up on a similar claim.

I won't mince my words - she sounds like a mardy cow trying to get you to panic to give her treatments for free - and you really don't want to do that in case she tries something else like that on - if I ran a salon, she would be a "persona non grata" straight away!

Mardy cow love it hahahaha

At the end of the day most insurers are not likely going to be paying out to anyone.
We.. The honest and worried pay out for insurance and abide by all the rules but those that don't care or can't understand English never seem to have any repercussions they carry on with no qualifications and no standards of hygiene no insurance but are too troublesome to touch.

What are you leaving in your voicemail to her? I would call one last time tomorrow or day after saying 'hi, mrs x, I've been asked to contact you regarding your patch test, I believe you have reacted and as I am self employed within the salon the owner/manager has advised of your call, please can you call me back so we can discuss further, thank you, (you name)

Then when she calls say 'can I ask you why you feel so angry that you have reacted to the patch test? To be honest I'm glad you said you would like one and as a result will be upping my testing to x in x as the manufacture and insurance instructions are obviously a bit lenient' (allow her to answer the question) 'oh right, ok, I'm so sorry to hear that this has upset you so much, and I'm glad this has been brought to my attention, so can I ask is there anything I can do for you?' (This gives her chance to say what it is she really wants) and then you have the chance to give apologies but as she has not had a service and this is what the patch test is for you will not be able to offer xyz or give any treatments to apologise for a test that is meant for that purpose. However if she would like to plan in for any other treatments you would be willing to check your diary and do further tests if need be under the alternate treatments etc.

You say in the first line without it being in defence that you have followed both manufacturers and your insurers guidelines so if she tried that line you can simply reiterate lol

Sure I've met her type before!!! Ranting customers are just unhappy, not your fault. X

Latest posts

Back