Client record card on computer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noreenoconnor

CND Education Ambassador Cork
Reaction score
Just wondering in today's technology mad world do any of you have your client record cards on computer instead of on card? If so what computer program do you use. Just starting up and while client record cards seem the cheapest option , i think computerised ones would be more efficient in the long run with less danger of getting lost etc.

interested to hear what everyone uses in their salon :D xx

Hi Noreen.

I was thinking the same thing as you when I first started. I didn't find any salon management systems that had this facility on unfortunately.

I must say that I'm am glad that I had them on a record card, as my computer had crashed on me once and I needed to get the client info from it. So there are good points on sticking with record cards.

Hth

We offer a low prices, simple to use system that will maintain records, manage appointments, halp with your tax return, stock managemeng, staff management, email marketing and sms marketing

And there are no monthly/annual fees.

Just pop me am email- [email protected] and i shall send over the details.

Www.beautysalonsoftware.co.uk.

Sean

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

thanks ssuk I've had a look on your website and it just appears to be a microsoft document which while is a good idea , i would prefer something that is inbuilt into a system as a whole, for example something that would have clients booked in and at the click of a button you could ring up there client record card you know?

I'm very surprised nowhere is doing this at the moment , surely there is a demand for it or am i missing something??

I think you need to look into the legal side of storing clients personal details on a computer. They are certainly stricter than the requirements for keeping them on paper. Possibly why this isn't something that is being done regularly at the moment xx

Thats exactly what our system is. Deffo not an ms office document?

Do you have an email addy and ill send the brochure over.

As for the legal side. It makes no diff if its paper based or computer based. The requirements are the same, except that for computet based you should register with the information commisioners office (was about £35). But even with paper records you would still need to comply with the data protection act principles.

Its probably easier to comply with a computer based system infact.

Its suprising how many therapist are not aware of the rules for holding data actually, but that said, most seem to follw rules to a degree anyway.

Sean

Also. It is actually done regularly, computer record cards and booking systems are common place in salons now.

Hi we use the phorest system which makes my life very easy!

Thanks for your reply, are you a beauty salon , or a nails only salon? I've looked into the phorest system and it does look very good, do you use the loyal scheme they do as well, how do you find it if you do?

Latest posts

Back