Client record cards not being filled in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbeauty23

Reaction score
I work in an area where my clients are slightly higher class and 'snooty' for a better word. The majority are lovely and I love them but a lot think they are better than you and look down on you which drives me mad but anyway the point is at least 1 client a day refuses to fill out a record card.
Just saying 'eh I don't think so' and handing it straight back. Even after explaining you won't contact them it's for health and safety etc they point blank refuse.

If this happens in your business do you refuse to do their treatment?

Thank you x

I just say "I'm really sorry but it's an insurance requirement". I also have well heeled ladies. I've only ever had one who said "I'm not putting my date of birth".

Aren't people strange!!!

I would request that they at least do name address and health before I would treat!

That would really wind me up.

Id perhaps rather not mention insurance but as a last resort I would say that it absolutely needs to be filled in for insurance purposes.

Can you offer to fill it in for them? I often full out all the information I have (name, tel no) and then just ask them to check and fill out all the blanks.

I would not do treatments without a record card.

I haven't had that situation though.

Jemima :)

Wouldn't it be funny if you let them get ready for their treatment. Took one look at their legs / arms / face and said "eh, I don't think so." lol

Thanks for your replies,I wasn't sure if turning them away was a good idea but I suppose I don't want to jeopardise my business by someone perhaps being allergic to a product I've used and having no backup to show I have checked.
These people drive me mad lol I'll need to stand up for myself more. Thank you xxx

I agree with the other geeks comments. I tend to ask clients to fill out the form as I require it to be completed for insurance purposes. If there are any gaps or half addresses etc I ask them directly for the information. The other way you could do it is ask all questions as part of the consultation and fill it in yourself, just get client to sign before treatment hth x

I give all new clients 15 minutes extra on the first appointment, this enables the therapist to develop a relationship with the client by going through the record card with them, hilighting so many areas for potential treatment. We have noticed a dramatic increase in clients with PCOS for instance and the personal consultation allows us to begin a process of advice, treatment and support (in tandem with their doctor of course).

Most of my clients are high end and they are all to willing to provide the information, I also have a statement at the end of sheet that informs them of my legal compliance with data protection. I have had a couple of clients ask why I need so much information, but once I point out that it's for their protection as certain treatments can trigger certain health complaints, I also add that I consider it unethical if a therapist were prepared to work with you not knowing your medical history, as there's a potential to trigger allergic reactions etc. They're always more than happy to divulge after this, if only to shut me up!

It may be worth considering, and I offer this gently and tactfully, your approach. I do not like the bright and breezy approach in salons - particulary if your client base is high end (although I know everywhere is different), try visiting high end establishments and observe how they treat their clients, you will oft see a more formal attitude is adopted, this is one of the reasons my clients love coming in, I treat them like royalty regardless of their status in life, to be honest I have no idea where they sit in the social pecking order as looks are no indication of wealth, class or breeding, the one thing they all have in common is exceptionally nice manners.

I'm not implying anything by this or trying to be rude, but if you are having a consistant problem it is often helpful to analyse every element of the equation.

Latest posts

Back