Client riddled with fungus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had a customer who had really long nails. 4 of her fingers were covered with fungas. She didn't want a removal just an in fill. I did an in fill, however I noticed its eating down onto her natural naîls. Its appears its doing damaged. She is doing a removal next visit as I told her she needs it removed, however she wants a new set put on.....should I or not

How do you know it was fungas... can you describe it to us?

It's very unusual to see a client with a fungal infection in her fingernails, it's usually only seen in toe nails.

Could she possibly have had a bacterial infection?... Was it green in colour?

If that's the case it would be OK to do her infill, there's a great article here about it and I can find it for you if you like?

Here you go..
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unatural/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html

Last edited:
Defo take an*els advice and look at the link but I must say if you truly think that it is fungus you shouldn't have done an infill and told her to go to the docs to maybe get it treated especially if you say it's damaging her nail I would have soaked them off if I thought it was defo fungus.if it's not I could be a greenie which is green I do agree with an*el that it is normally seen in toenails x:biggrin:

hello ladies, I am not 100% sure. i am in my first year of being a nail tech. i have not seen fungas before, however im going to describe it ok.

this lady had really long nails, each infill (done from another service) had green color in each infill on 4 fingers. when i looked at it properly i could see that it had traveled to the natural nails, her natural nail was a dark yellow. it looks as though whatever is in her finger has spread up to a centimeter before her cuticle.

I did ask her to remove them, however she insisted she didnt have alot of time and declined. i did tell her i was uncomfortable doing them , however I did. I am now consulting with you ladys as you are more advanced then I. she contacted me and said she is getting a removal done next infill. i am worried it has spread and done damage to her nail beds, as i could clearly see its done some damage.

ok looking at this, it sounds like it may be a baterial infection, what should i do ?

hi it was definitely, dark green and dark Yellow on her natural nail.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi it was definitely, dark green and dark Yellow on her natural nail.

If you see her again, they need removing, the nail needs a really good clean and let the air get to it, then you should be able to reapply :)... The stain will stay there and have to grow out but it will not grow anymore once the nail has had some air and a good clean. All your tools will need a really good clean and be sterilised and all disposables put in the bin and a really good scrub down of your work station.

Hope this helps :) x

The client was an idiot to ignor advice, and you should have been aware of what this was? Remember contra-actions and contra-indications? What nail training did you do?

The next time you see this person, the infection will be worse as bacteria multiply very rapidly and exponentially.

It would also be rather important that you learn the difference between a FUNGUS and a bacteria and how to proceed with the nails if you are going to be doing nails on the public.

Thankyou ladies

Latest posts

Back