Client says gel polish has all come off in 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmaria

Reaction score
Hi I did gel polish for a client who suffers with dry skin as her hands are in water a lot with work (she hasn’t worked since I did her nails though). She asked me for some hand cream when I had finished which I gave her without thinking much of it but she has now contacted me to say it has come off and she is unhappy and wants them re-done. Has anybody experienced this before? Could the hand cream effect gel polish? I feel that she’s going to ask how she knows this won’t happen again when I re-do them?

If the gel has been correctly applied and cured, using a hand cream straight afterwards won't affect the product.

You may not have had good adhesion if her nail plate was very dry or curing issues can affect gel and these show up within 48 hours so there may have been an application fault. Sometimes, if the nail is very dry the gel can lift and chip if the nail is rehydrated. It's usually more of a problem if the nails are soaked before gel application rather than if hand cream is applied after gel application

Personally I would offer an alternative service free. I might suggest a nail treatment to improve the nails rather than reapply a gel that might not stick. IBX is a great alternative.

Thank you that was really helpful

Latest posts

Back