Client says her Shellac removes with facial toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
Clinque facial products, in particularly the toner!!!!

Allegedly, even a swipe removes Shellac!

REALLY?!?!?

Anyone of you Geeks care to try this one out??

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Clinique toner is harsh. I don't know how anyone can use it on their face. Not sure about it taking off shellac but its so strong I wouldn't be surprised.

Wow, if true it could cut down removal times :D

Just joking!

Clinque facial products, in particularly the toner!!!!

Allegedly, even a swipe removes Shellac!

REALLY?!?!?

Anyone of you Geeks care to try this one out??

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Really?! Haha remind me never to put that on my face! :)

Sounds like something I don't want to be putting on my face!! Lol x

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

I think I will just stick to Nourishing remover and never use that toner on my skin!! :eek:

Many years ago, I worked for Revlon, and I remember being told that a lot of Clinique products contain acetone which is why they're really good for oily skin and outbreaks (they then continue to strip the skin of all protection, so the skin starts to produce loads more) but this would seem to back this up!!!

Many years ago, I worked for Revlon, and I remember being told that a lot of Clinique products contain acetone which is why they're really good for oily skin and outbreaks (they then continue to strip the skin of all protection, so the skin starts to produce loads more) but this would seem to back this up!!!

It should be easy to find out exactly which ingredients the product contains.

I bought a Clinique eye make up remover (the blue/green one) years ago and only used it once after it stung like mad! I do use their powder (make up) tho and thats lovely! xxxx

I also use Clinique's Supermoisture Foundation and I love it too, but I have heard in the past that their skincare range is quite harsh.

I use Eve Taylor skincare now and it's lush. :D

Im not surprised. That stuff is awful, did terrible things to my skin when I tried it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I used to use Clinique '3-Step' products when I was a teenager and thought "if its burning, it must be working"...Of course, I learned that this was not the case!

They're really, really harsh products!

In the interests of research I have checked to see if my Clinique toner removes my shellac, and it didn't.
I get very oily skin which is prone to break outs so i use a strong one. Although the back of the bottle doesn't say if there is acetone in it? :s xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368977201.973957.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368977201.973957.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 343
In the interests of research I have checked to see if my Clinique toner removes my shellac, and it didn't.
I get very oily skin which is prone to break outs so i use a strong one. Although the back of the bottle doesn't say if there is acetone in it? :s xx

And thank god it didn't!!!

I did say to her, I can't see this being the case but she was adamant that it was. Hey ho, doesn't look I can change this acrylic lady into a Shellac one - bugger!! :)

I used to use Clinique years ago and it's not the toner pictured above that's the prob I think. I used to use no 2 toner I think (purple) made up part of their three step routine. It was very harsh and I would think it would def take the shine off the shellac at least. It was great for self tan mishaps however!!

Yes I was going to say that's not the toner I was thinking of. It's the one in 3 steps. Can you ask her to take it in?

I know that the Clinique girls use it to clean down their counters at night!
It is the only brand of skincare that I will pay my clients to stop using. There ain't no point them having a facial with me then go back to using that!

My old Decleor rep used to work for them and used to use it to take her nail polish off!

I used Clinique. Heard so much about it i bought the 1,2,3 set and make up set hundreds of pounds on the complete everything. I turned out this wonderful stuff made me have an acne skin reaction. It's even scared my skin. I saw a doctor that gave me anti biotics and told me to stop using it. I was sooo annoyed. I gave it to my sister thinking shell be fine with it and the exact thing happened. Very painful mistake to make but I will NEVER use Clinique again!!!

Does anyone dare have a go, just to see if it really does?

Latest posts

Back