Client searching for problems with hair system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArabianBeauty

Reaction score
Ok the hair integration systems I make are very expensive so I have to use great quality hair, I am now faced with a client who I know is doing everything to lead to her asking for a refund and possibly compensation Here's the story

I fitted her system at the end of January, the system in materials cost around £500 to make (excluding labour and travel fees etc and the wage I pay my assistant etc) 1 month later she calls and says the hair is bunching up after she has brushed it, everything that she has said about the hair had me thinking it was a bad batch (baring in mind she is platinum blonde #60) so I said to her that I would replace the hair when I next see her as she is over 100 miles from me so it's not as easy as just popping up to take a look.

I asked her to book in a date within 2 weeks for maintenance and to replace the hair (maintenance should be done every 4-6 weeks for hair systems) she then says she is going to Florida beginning of April and she wants to wait till just before then for maintenance, I told her that would make it nearly 8 weeks and could cause problems with the mesh and matting... However she was adamant she wanted to wait.

I did the adjustment 2 weeks ago and replaced the new hair (used a different brand that is well regarded as high quality) she is now in Florida and from the first day she arrived and a few days before she left UK has bombarded me with messages and pictures saying the system is slipping backwards and exposing her hairline (before she went to Florida I said if she can get to London I would have a look... She ignored that message)... Iv told her this could be due to the fact that she didn't have it adjusted at the right time... She keeps asking me the same questions and I keep giving the same answers... However today she now messages me saying she has just had to buy an extremely expensive pair of straighteners because the hair keeps frizzing and bunching up like last time. All she keeps saying is her holiday is ruined and she can't take nice photos.

When I first fitted this woman's system we were busy chatting away as you do and she manages to mention that previously she has sued 2 travel companies and 1 airline for ruining her holiday... She seems to be a serial compensation addict lol

The thing is, because I use such reliable sources for my hair iv never had a problem with hair systems and all of my clients have never once complained about the quality... But this woman I can just tell from the messages is out to find something wrong with the work iv done. This is just stressing me out as I just don't know what her next move will be. :-(

I'm don't know a lot about the legal side of things but I'd say just speak to your insurance company and ask for advice.

You have a the product receipts to show you've used quality products. Save any messages as otherwise it's just he said she said. This wag you have proof of what you've advised.

She does sound like she a compo addict but speak to your insurance tomorrow you'll feel tons better

I'm don't know a lot about the legal side of things but I'd say just speak to your insurance company and ask for advice.

You have a the product receipts to show you've used quality products. Save any messages as otherwise it's just he said she said. This wag you have proof of what you've advised.

She does sound like she a compo addict but speak to your insurance tomorrow you'll feel tons better

Exactly what she said! ^^^ just make sure you keep evidence of everything!!! x and good luck! x

Iv spoken to insurance and they have said to prepare all of my evidence and just wait.... Luckily since she brought these straighteners and praised them for being so good she hasn't contacted me.... It's just so stressful as never had anyone like this before...

Is it curly hair you added? If so the only time you vent brush it is in the shower with h2o & lots of conditioner in it or yes dry curly hair brushed does go frizzy. I have curly hair my self & know this & pass this on to clients whom get curly hair.

Its oubiously a scam or its something shes doing to the hair....misstreating it. Some people are just scammers/ I have only had 3 in 20 years so hopefully you wont get another for quite some time.

Tell her to take a few pictures & send them to you in decent light so you can see it.......now a days with phone cameras this is an easy way to catch a scammer because you can tell what they have done to mess it up or they will have some excuse for not sending you pics of the hair!

Latest posts

Back