Client suing another extensionist!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
I've been to see a new client twice this week to remove a full head of bonds for her...
Shes had the hair in 2 months and it was a mess so wanted them taken out and couldnt get a hold of the girl who put them in so called me. (found me on twitter)

It took, in total almost 5 hours to remove them. They were terrible! She had well over 250 bonds off all shapes and sizes in her head, all rolled so tightly it took forever (and a fair bit of hair pulling) to get them all out.
They were positioned wrong, just all over her head, to close together, with overlapping hairs.
Luckily she was only left with one small bald spot as i took a lot of tme taking them out properly for her.

The first time i went to attempt to remove them i called the girl myself and explained that her work was horrendous, and that she needed to honour the money paid and remove the remainder of the bonds for free for the client- to which she refused, told me to F off and hung up.
She's only young, and i highly doubt very experienced. When i called she sounded like a *forgive me* CHAVVY, scared 12 year old.

My client asked about taking the girl to court for the price of the extensions £150 (makes me wonder what hair she's using?) and to claim the money back that she had to pay me to remove them.

I was at the local court house yesterday so picked up the forms for her and we're going to file a court summons with photos, written statements and evidence.
Luckily my mother is a magistrate so we have a lot of help in the process.

Just wondering if anyone else had dealt with anything like this?
Most people get bad extensions and put it down to trial and error, but these were so terrible, im right with her going to court!!

Rant oooooover:eek:

I've had very similar, very bad matting of the clients hair however the client had them in for far too long didn't look after them so they were aweful, she said she wasn't happy at the technician but after a long chat she did admit she was partly to blame. She was talking of taking the technician to court luckily she didn't as she admitted finally it was her own fault, very difficult situations tho. X

I've some some sights in my time too but when you delve down you do find that the client hasn't managed the hair properly either in some cases but are reluctant to admit that.
For £150 for that many bonds I'm not surprised at the state of the hair.
I just wish would realise that they get what they pay for!!!

There has to be serious, and fairly irreversible damage to win in court. The client has to prove negligence or fraud. Did she ask to see a copy of her qualification and insurance? If she didn't, then she didn't do her own due diligence.
Did she get a receipt? If not the stylist can say she has never seen this client before, and it's a vexatious claim.
It's not as straightforward as you think, and not worth it for £150

I tried to take a customer to small claims court once, it cost me more so I gave up, she was a perpetual messer, had nothing, therefore there was nothing bailiffs could take to give me my loss of earnings back, she knew this so just ignored the court letters.

I wouldn't get involved luv it's not your battle to win, the client should just move on and draw a line under it and accept she paid peanuts and got a monkey

You have done your bit by sorting it out.

Let her sort the rest out herself.

Unless this girls one of your best friends I don't think you should get involved and you should not of rang her, she sounds rough you could get come back from her and her family directed towards you or yr business.and there always 2 sides to a story ?

That's a very good point, two sides to every story, like what I said about it was in the end the clients fault and that could have potential messed up someone business because of my clients dishonesty. So just be careful before jumping into everything. Obviously this girl was rude to you but that does not mean its necessarily her fault, however, it could be! X

i have taken some hideous ones out and to be honest its why i have never bothered training in it and offering it , because seeing the mess it put me right off, theres a huge % of people doing bad bodgy jobs

That's why YouTube shouldn't show how to do a professionals job!

I definitely think you have played your part as a professional Hairdresser. I would let your client deal with the legal side, sometimes I think we are all guilty of getting too involved with clients and sometimes it does us no good xx

That's why YouTube shouldn't show how to do a professionals job!

I think I have watched a video on how to wallpaper on you tube and I'm seriously bad at it lol xx

I think I have watched a video on how to wallpaper on you tube and I'm seriously bad at it lol xx

Haha I just say mines ment to be diagonal! It's the new style! :) x

Unless this girls one of your best friends I don't think you should get involved and you should not of rang her, she sounds rough you could get come back from her and her family directed towards you or yr business.and there always 2 sides to a story ?

I agree, I wouldn't of got involved either, it's up to the client to deal with.

OP least you sorted the mess out though. x

we often get clients in slateing other hairdressers, one lady we had in had bleach blonde hair on top and black underneath, the bleach was about an inch long and sizzled, she told us that a local hairdresser had done it and her hair had all broken off and she was thinking of sueing them and wanted our opinion, we didnt get involved as we told her we didnt know all the facts so couldnt comment, it turned out that she had done it herself at home!!!
Dont always believe everything customers say, and dont get involved, next time it might be your name she is slateing.

This is very true cupcake!!!

Latest posts

Back