Client sweat under arms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AISMCCS

Reaction score
Never had this before! But two clients in the same week have had sweat in the underarm area during a spray tan.

I advise no deodorant etc before tanning. I pat dry this area with a towel if I spot any before spraying.

The perspiration affects the overall tan and marks this area. I try patting dry, never generally spraying or aiming at this area but its hard to correct once the sweat has met the tan.

I’ve heard something about baby powder? But unsure if this will have a similar result as deodorant?

Do you mean the tan is leaving transfer patches under the arm?? I have this with a few clients but it always washes away when they rinse.

I have heard many people say they use talc with a large powder brush but have never done this myself

Never had this before! But two clients in the same week have had sweat in the underarm area during a spray tan.

I advise no deodorant etc before tanning. I pat dry this area with a towel if I spot any before spraying.

The perspiration affects the overall tan and marks this area. I try patting dry, never generally spraying or aiming at this area but its hard to correct once the sweat has met the tan.

I’ve heard something about baby powder? But unsure if this will have a similar result as deodorant?
You can buy prep spray which removes sweat, deodorant, perfume ect xx

You can also use baby wipes to wipe the underarm area before tanning

S
You can buy prep spray which removes sweat, deodorant, perfume ect xx

Seconded! Also it goes funny more because the client puts their arms down or drops them so they are skin to skin and it goes darker (rather than sweat), so tell them to keep their arms away from their sides at all times. Sometimes they ignore it even with saying it repeatedly but then you can say well..I did tell you :)

Latest posts

Back