Client texted at 12am, "my tan hasn't taken"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
Hi, sprayed a new client yesterday in la tan 10%. she was sprayed at 2.30 and washed it off at around 11.30last night to which I got a text

I've washed it off and it hasn't worked.

The client woke me up and I was so angry as it's hard enough for me to get to sleep so I just put the phone back down and went back to sleep otherwise I would of told her.

She has sent me a photo of the tan. I asked for a pic so I could see. Now she has put on facebook that it was a waste of time. This is the photo she has sent me. I can see the tab but obviously it's not dark enough. She was very pale so it was her first spray tan so I used the 10 on her.

This is my first complaint since I have been doing tanning last year so I'm unsure what to do. Do I re spray her even though the tan is there she just wanted it darker. I told her the guide tan would be much darker than the actual tan.

Any advice would be great, thank you

Sorry here is the pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339741064.015392.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339741064.015392.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 556
Did she explain how dark she wanted the tan?
What I'd do is offer a respray at say half price as it's clear the tan has taken,its just she obviously got used to the colour guide,but if you warned her it would be lighter after the wash off there isn't anything you can do really as you haven't done anything wrong hun.
By already posting comments sounds like she's trying to intimidate a little so can see her being a bit difficult to work with...maybe just reply explaining that it may feel lighter now as she's comparing it to the colour guide,its clear that the tan has come out and that you have followed the procedure exactly and are in no wrong doing,but as a good will you will respray for half price to get to her desired colour?xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Arrrr how annoying. I would text /phone her explaining why you chose a light tan, explaing as it was her first tan you didn't want to do it to dark, etc as she prob would of complained about the wear off !! I would respray, and use THE DARKEST tan I had ( lol) .... Do you have a smart phone? If so you can get an app that automatically silences your phone between a certain time!! Can't remember the name, but It is really good so you don't hear anymore midnight texts!!

I rang her and she didn't answer. She has just text me and said that she isn't going to have enough time for a respray as she has to be out by 6.I said I could do 9am as I have to be in the salon by 10 this morning.

I did say about the guide colour etc and I didn't want to spray her in a high % on her first spray tan so I did the 10. Maybe she was expecting to be really brown but If I sprayed her with a higher % and she turned orange or didn't like the colour then I would be to blame again.

I will offer the 9am slot again and she what she says.

Thank you x

I wouldn't stress about it to much, you don't need a client who complains at midnight! You've tried your best to accommodate her! X

I would comment in fb saying saying sorry u were unable to take her call as it was gone midnight , and regarding the tan u will call her and discuss this with her , what ever u choose to do free tan or other I would make it clear it wasn't very fair for u to post that pic on fb without being given a chance to put things right !

And.... If she was that bothered she would have taken the respray !! (Rant over- I've had so many clients mess me around this week- I'm taking no prisoners)

And.... If she was that bothered she would have taken the respray !! (Rant over- I've had so many clients mess me around this week- I'm taking no prisoners)

Haha, well I have been only tanning for a year but I have had no complaints and all my clients come back to me so I know its not something I have done. Maybe she expected to be seriously dark but I wasn't prepared to spray her really dark on her first tan.

I haven't heard back from her as of yet but I take it she doesn't want the re spray. I haven't time to mess around though I'm too busy. I start in a salon today doing the Saturday girls nails so need to be on top form

I will turn my phone off from now on. Didn't realise clients would ring me at such stupid times. Like I'm going to get out of bed at 12am to go and respray. I have offered the respray twice so it's up to her If she takes it or not.

Thanks for all your help x

Did she even leave it on long enough? I know if I'd have left it on from afternoon till the same evening I would practically have no colour unless I leave it on overnight too.

You just can't please everyone all of the time...put it down as a learning experience and move on....&#128522;

Did she even leave it on long enough? I know if I'd have left it on from afternoon till the same evening I would practically have no colour unless I leave it on overnight too.

La tan is 8 hours developing time so I sprayed her at 2.30 and she text me at 12am so she must of washed it off before then. She needed to leave it on till atleast 10.30pm so I don't know. She hasn't got back to me. Im just going to leave it now. She has my number if she wants a re spray x

This is 10% on her skin, so you've done nothing wrong. If you consulted with her and asked her how dark she wanted then advised her what would suit her and she agreed, this is the result. I always advise my clients then say if they want to go darker or lighter next time we can do that but see how the % we decided on looks first. You will get some people who moan but this is part of the job, to consult and assess, if she slates you and won't allow you to rectify, let her go elsewhere (where she will probably be tangoed)

Oh, by the way, I always put my phone on silent after a certain time and let it go to voicemail.

Hi I wouldn't stress too much about it. I would make a comment regarding her plastering it on face book before you had a chance. I find that even if I do wash tan off after 8 hours the next day i'm still darker as your skin is at rest on an evening and I find it absorbs a lot more kept on over night. So explain to clients from now that you recommend they leave it on over night or they risk not being as dark if they wash off earlier x don't let it get you down clients are frustrating xx

i used la tan 10% on my friend and she was very very pale and she looked alot darker than your pic so maybe she got impatient and washed it off too quick ........

Hi Nails<3,

This client does not seem reasonable to ring you at midnight. My wife runs a salon and a coupe of weeks ago a very scruffy looking guy and his girlfriend had a tan. Similar complaint ie. tan not dark enough in their opinion. They were in the salon complaining 2 days after the tan. I thought the colour on both of them was spot on. Anyway they got really aggressive and absolutely refused a re-spray, just demanded their money back.

We refunded the money and told them never to come back. We also notified all our Salon pals, hair and beauty in our town (Its only small). This couple will not get service anywhere in our town. We then found out they had done exactly the same thing 4 weeks previous with one of our competitors.

I guess some people will do anything for a freebie.

Also and I guess not surprisingly I supply my wife's salon with solution. Our solutions are WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) ie. the guide colour perfectly matches the DHA tan that develops. So they didn't have the excuse re post show disappointment.

The picture your client sent you is not really much of a guide. A picture of someone who is really tanned could still make them look pale if the lighting happens to be a certain way.

Although it's a bit of bummer I would offer a refund and ask her if she wouldn't mind removing the pic from face book.

Latest posts

Back