Client threatening legal action - urgent help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baby123

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I wonder if anybody could help me with some advice, or have been in this situation before as I'm panicking!!!

I'm a hair extension technician (yes I'm also a qualified hairdresser ;)) and recently installed some micro ring hair extensions for a client (approx a month ago) the hair I used was from Beauty Works (I usually use hair from Foxy Hair Extensions but client requested Beauty Works). The hair was bought on a weft which I then pre-bonded myself.

I installed the extensions and everything was perfect! Client was over the moon with length, thickness, quality etc. Approx 2-2 1/2 weeks later the client called and said the hair was in poor condition, and had 'black dots' at the end of EVERY strand :eek: the client has blonde hair so she said that these dots were the main thing bothering her! With that she took the hair out HERSELF and sent it back to me to send back to the supplier to examine. I didnt get a chance to see this hair before she removed it.

As soon as I recieved it I looked at the hair myself and instantly thought I was going to have a battle on my hands with Beauty Works refunding this hair!! Anyway, I sent the hair back to Beauty Works. Went off on holiday for a week, I've just come back and the exact same hair has been returned with a note stating "With regards to the black dots at the bottom of the hair, this is NOT a fault. This is just from the dying process of the hair and does not effect the overall quality, we therefore are unable to refund, replace or credit for the product as no fault has been found."

This client is now stating that she is going to take legal action against me!! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the application, as she wants me to put new extensions back in for her. I just do not know what to do!! Could she have a case if it did end up going to court??

Help :sad:

You need to be calm and firm with this lady.

State the issue she has is with the quality of the hair used and not your workmanship, which is evident from the fact she wants you to put more in.

She is the one who wanted to use the beauty work hair, and is now not happy with the quality.

You have sent back the hair and beauty work has said there is no fault so there is nothing more you can do.

She can not take legal action, because what would she do you for? You already have evidence from
Beauty work to state that their is nothing wrong with the hair. You have done nothing wrong.

Silly mares fault for wanting that hair!

Hi.
Didnt want to read and run but im manic at the monment in the salon.I will pm you later x

Hi Zoe, thankyou so much for the advice. I just need some reassurance as have never come across this problem before, and never had such a rude and demanding client lol!

Crazybek, I will await your pm!

I will keep everybody updated on the situation
x

Hi Hun

Firstly do your clients complete a consultation form? If on your form it states hair is only to be removed by a professional her legal proceedings will finish there! She should not have removed them that was her choice, it is h fault she would not let you examine the hair.

If she wants a refit re fit the hair but maybe trim the black dots off but charge an installation fee.

Xx

I'd sayshe hasn't got a case. Maybe with the supplier but not you, obviously of the processes they do on the hair ends with black dots on blonde then there is a fault as iv never known a natural blonde to have black dots and my bleached hair from dark dosent have black dots.

I'd also say to her that as she requested this brand and you suggested a product you are acustomed to then she is at fault and you will re apply the hair she removed at a fee of £x per bond using your usual brand of extension as to remove the chances of this happening again.
Make sure the price per bond is slightly more than te per bond price of a full head incase she takes the mick or has to have all of the inadequate quality hair replaced bond by bond. Xoxo

Ps! Chill out, ad relax your motto blame for the quality, but if you feel you need more reassurance than us (I'm guessing the vast majority of us haven't had any legal training as to sueing) give a local solicitor a call, many do 1/2 to 1 hour free which is enough to work out if anything can happen, or pay a little for a letter to send her stating it's the supplier not you she needs to speak to with address and numbers supplied xoxo

Thankyou to everybody for the helpful advice and reassurance, I'm feeling a lot better about the whole situation now! After having a read through other threads, it seems legal threats against hair extensionists seems to be a regular thing? Maybe because of the nature of the business and cost? I have had a look back through emails from the client before I sent back the hair, and she does actually say that she was perfectly happy with my application and this was nothing to do with my work, so have saved these emails just incase!!

Havent heard anything back from her after I sent an email to say that there was nothing wrong with my work and I have proof that she also confirmed this at an earlier date, so we will just have to see..

Thanks again everybody, very helpful, put my mind at ease! :Kissing:

Latest posts

Back