Client Trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks i know i should of rang her just not confident enough and i know i wud say somethin bad if she annoyed me lol x

LOL!! that's the thing though, she wouldn't be brave enough to be horrible to you on the phone... texting is way too easy for her to say she doesn't like the nails.

I know it's the easy way out for you to text her back, but I would have taken a deep breath and rang her... I bet you'd have felt better about it.

Now, she's left you feeling all crappy about the whole thing and you're left waiting for her to text you back.... probably jumping everytime your phone goes!!

Go on... ring her.... I dare you :lol::lol:

What's the worst she can say???

Then come straight back and tell us and we'll make you feel better if she was horrible (only joking, it'll be fine... go for it!!)
:hug:

lol you are so right Karen i will leave it a while thogh and them i might!! lol ring but if she aint going to bother txting me back then she can't be that unhappy with them x x

You big chicken :lol:

I was thinking the same though and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't hear from her again!

lol it wudnt surprise me time wasters x

I would still ring her!
Again, it comes down to being professional. Ask her the problem,,,,,like I said before, if you trust your work, then its more likely something she has or hasn't done.
Keep your cool as you want to know whats happened so it can be dealt with PROFESSIONALLY.
Don't fill in any 'gaps' on the phone by over talking...this is when most people tend to make mistakes.
Remember... your good,,,,,you need to get this sorted....its your business name on the line. What if she then goes around saying your nails didnt last and all you did was text....how's that going to look for future clients.
I know this may sound harsh, but I'm just trying to help you gain the confidence so that you can sort out issues.
xxx

i've txt but not sent yet lol hi lisa what seems to be the problem with them i am more than happy 2 come back and correct any problems but im afraid i do not give refunds due 2 the cost of the products and time taken 2 do them

does that sounds ok im so nervous lol x
you may have already text her but i would of phoned her to talk to her! that way it would show your quite confident.
i would ask to see her nails and if she was still not happy with them i would offer to soak them off and paint them free of charge, that way if she really does not like them she will except your offer.
hope this helps but i think imay be to late

she said i appreciate you getting back to me but with all due respect the quality of the nail work is appalling, they arnt even on straight and the workmanship of the acrylic is poor i will give you either the option to refund me or i will have to pass your details onto trading standards which i work slongside as your website says ur extreamly passionate about delievering the best possible service.

i txt back sayin that you were happy with them when you left and i will need to see your nails before we can take it any further

she said i appreciate you getting back to me but with all due respect the quality of the nail work is appalling, they arnt even on straight and the workmanship of the acrylic is poor i will give you either the option to refund me or i will have to pass your details onto trading standards which i work slongside as your website says ur extreamly passionate about delievering the best possible service.

i txt back sayin that you were happy with them when you left and i will need to see your nails before we can take it any further

I would give her a ring, and explain that if she wishes to contact trading standards then that is her decision and as a consumer she has a right to express her concerns, however if there is an issue with the nails and they are on wonky as she says, you will need to see them.

Trading standards will probably tell her to contact you before they take it any further anyway. Regardless of whether the nails are 'bad workmanship' you still put time, money and effort into doing them, and a refund would not be possible.

Don't let her knock your confidence hun, as I said before be assertive, it sounds more like she's after a freebie than anything else, especially if you have never had any problems before! Good luck x

Were you happy with the nails you did for her? We know in our heart of hearts if we have done a good job or not. Then have a look at them and see if there is any lifting etc. You will have to judge after seeing them. If there is nothing wrong with them then I can only assume she wanted nails to go out with at the weekend and now she doesn't need them any more! No refunds for change of mind, absolutely but if they have lifted badly then you could offer to fix them but it might be better to refund and not touch her again. Having said this I think you will find she is trying it on!!

She does sound like a bit of a chancer. I have only encoutered this once...a girl called me said "i was in a week ago and my roots are dreadful all the colour has faded off" So my junior said ok if you come in on saturday we can look at it for you, but Kim doesn't have time to recolour it then. I looked at her record card and it had been 3 WEEKS since her colour had been done, and suprise she wanted it fixed on the saturday cos she was going to a wedding.

She never turned up, probably because she was told it couldnt be done that day. I saw her about 3 weeks later and she did have roots...but it obv wasn't my fault or she would have come up to let me look at it.

Confidence, keep a smile on, be pleasant at all time and of course, call her! Then it will be resolved within a matter of minutes and you can relax rather than waiting all day for a text back and forth xxx

I do agree with ringing her to resolve the dispute. She probably wont answer the phone, in which case, that speaks volumes to me. I'd put money on her backing down completely if you spoke to her. Plus as someone pointed out, it saves waiting. Im a bit nervous about confrontation but you'll be proud of yourself once you've done it!

And so what if she works alongside trading standards? I've no doubt you are passionate about your work and I'd like to see her prove otherwise!

She sounds like the kind of customer you could do without but its important you resolve this as quickly and as professionally as possible as Im sure she has friends!!

Good luck hun xx

she txt back the problem is huge. they will take more than a little "correcting" the acrylic doesn't even meet the cuticle. due to the trading standing act you dont have the right not to refund as you not registered to trade and your advertising is false and misleading. so if you want all the hassell over refunding £25 then fine

i txt her back again sayin that i need to see the nails before we can discuss a refund

she txt back unfortunately due to common law you have no rights in unfair traiding do u really think i wud go this far for a measly £25 i would of thought you reputation was more important than that and seeing as im well know in the area i cant c your trading goin far if im not refunded

what i dont get is why she didnt say anythin to me on the day or the day after and she is not even letting me see the nails or even talk to me on the phone !

OK,,,enough texting!!! Get phoning!!!

i did but she wont answer x

she txt back the problem is huge. they will take more than a little "correcting" the acrylic doesn't even meet the cuticle. due to the trading standing act you dont have the right not to refund as you not registered to trade and your advertising is false and misleading. so if you want all the hassell over refunding £25 then fine

i txt her back again sayin that i need to see the nails before we can discuss a refund

she txt back unfortunately due to common law you have no rights in unfair traiding do u really think i wud go this far for a measly £25 i would of thought you reputation was more important than that and seeing as im well know in the area i cant c your trading goin far if im not refunded

what i dont get is why she didnt say anythin to me on the day or the day after and she is not even letting me see the nails or even talk to me on the phone !

Right, don't panic she's trying to dazzle you by quoting trading standards, here's what I found:
Exceptions: when the consumer cannot make a claim
A consumer has no rights in respect of defects that are brought to his/her attention before the sale, or if the consumer examines the goods before purchase and any defects should have been obvious.
A consumer also cannot claim for damage he/she causes, or if he/she simply changes his/her mind about wanting the goods.
A consumer cannot claim if he/she chooses the product himself/herself for a purpose which is neither obvious nor made known to the trader, and he/she then finds that the item is simply unsuitable for that purpose.
A consumer has no rights to claim for faults that appear as a result of fair wear and tear.
Go to: Greenwich Trading Standards - Business Advice - A trader's guide to the civil law relating to the sale and supply of goods

There's loads of info on there about claiming a refund and in what instances you can not claim a refund.
Ring her again, if she doesn't answer then text her saying: this issue will not be resloved if you do not answer, I have provided you with a service, you have explained that you have had a problem and I am doing my best to resolve this, if you do not answer your phone how can I rectify the problem? Then just leave it.

these are the nails, what do you think?

Photo0626.jpg

the only nail i wud say was rubbish was the little nails cos she didnt really have nails to stick them to so it was hard x

thanks claire massive help x x

Quick question - how does she plan on getting her refund if she refuses to let you see her nails or even answer her phone?

She sounds like a right cow who knows a little bit about trading standards. Your work doesnt look sub standard at all but she had plenty of chance at her appointment to say if there were any issues.

you have picture evidence and they look fine!
you know what if she wont answer the phone i would now text her and say fine i have tried to help solve the problem and no one in any business would give you a refund if they can not see the so called faulty goods so it is now up to you if you want to go trading standards or if you want to come back to me and i will look at your nails and decide if they warrent a refund and by the way please remember i have a picture of your so called appalling nails that i am happy to pass on to trading standards if they do contact me and i will also pass on all the message that i have sent to try to help you and i am sure they will find i have done all can
see what she comes back with, she may contact them but you have tried to help so you will be fine

Latest posts

Back