Client understands she is at fault but wants nails re-done for free?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a baby the same age. I don't think that I haven't taken it into consideration. It is unfair of her to tell me to stop applying while the nails are not cured and pick up her baby etc and smudge it, get dust and fibres in it. Then I redo it, cure it and she does the same again! Once it's cured it's still tacky until the topcoat goes on, is cured and then you remove the tacky layer. Sweeping over did nothing but ruin my polish with all the fibres.

She isn't the first lady, but if you take a peek at my other post you will see that has she asked me to wipe the baby's nose, pick her up, put her in her chair etc. How do you work with that arrangement??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You could also point out to the client that the sticky layer is un cured gel which if she gets on the baby could cause an allergic reaction (as it should not touch skin), let alone if she gets it in the baby's eyes.
Then will she be suing you?

If she needs a hand free then you will need to charge extra for your time & do only one hand at a time

You could also point out to the client that the sticky layer is un cured gel which if she gets on the baby could cause an allergic reaction (as it should not touch skin), let alone if she gets it in the baby's eyes.
Then will she be suing you?

If she needs a hand free then you will need to charge extra for your time & do only one hand at a time

Thanks that's a great point. I will also tell her that next time. x

Well I have an update!

I offered her the discount and told her I could do them Wednesday.

She responded saying 'Not to worry, I am going to a wedding tomorrow which was the main reason I wanted them redone, so Wednesday is too late. Thanks, speak soon.'

Not sure what to make of that really.

x

I think you did great, you kept it professional, stuck to your guns, I think it was definitley a really good compromise. In her eyes you have offered her to "fix" them, but she didnt want them done, so all in all I think this is a good outcome. Its always hard when you arrive at someones house and they have the kids with them. Sometimes I dont know what goes through peoples minds. How on earth do you do a polish or any nail application when you have a toddler tugging at mummys arm or wanting to be on her knee or "whats this for" "whats that for" "can I have this". I have kids myself and as other posters have said would definitley not want them around during a treatment or would have them looked after. kids are kids and you people are delusional if they think that they can get a treatment for an hour and not have to see to them during that time.

I once went to do a spray tan and the mother had her 5 year old daughter who wanted to know what everything was, where everything went, she was quite funny actually, she wanted to hold my gun (I didnt let her) and tell her mother positions to stand in, so not wanting to be rude I went along with it. so fo eg i would say to her "tell mam to turn to the side", "lift arms up etc". I didnt see the harm with it and the child thought she was great, even showing mammy what poses HOWEVER, my lesson was learned when the next day I get a call to say that I had missed her whole torso!!!!!! and the reason - coz of all the interupptions. I have a "auto pilot" method to my spray tanning in my head (I have been doing it for 2 years) so with all the constant interupptions to my usual flow, it knocked everything out. I knew straight away that because I was concentrating on the little girl and keeping her happy, that I had to hold my hands up and say it was my mistake for not concentrating. so lesson learned. I went back the next day and sprayed her torso. I felt stupid and unprofessional but these things happen. Just keep your chin up. onwards and upwards. we are only human and therefore we can sometimes make mistakes. we can learn from them though.

Last edited:
Well I have an update!

I offered her the discount and told her I could do them Wednesday.

She responded saying 'Not to worry, I am going to a wedding tomorrow which was the main reason I wanted them redone, so Wednesday is too late. Thanks, speak soon.'

Not sure what to make of that really.

x

oh please... what a chancer. she was just chancing her arm to get her nails done for free because she had a wedding to go to.
loads of good points from the geeks here ,any way you'll never get caught with a situation like that again.

Just a thought and I know it would take a tad longer but I think I would do first one hand completely, all layers to finish, then the other hand, leaving her with one free hand to tend to the baby's nose or whatever.

Sounds like you will have to be stern with this one. I had a similar client who kept putting her hands in her hair, picking bits from her mohair jumper (great that one), texting, a right pain in the a..e, she stopped coming for some reason and I heaved a sigh of relief.

But a client is a client, really, and when you work out what they are worth per year if they come regularly, they are worth pandering to a little . . . with limits!

Hope it goes well, keep us posted x

Latest posts

Back