Client upset with travel cost!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
Hi geeks -just wanted your opinions.

We are a salon, but do travel out to wedding venues/special occasion hair. A client of ours is wanting myself and another stylist to travel to her birthday venue on a Saturday (which is an extremely busy day as you all know)
There will be 5 hair ups in total.

The venue is around 1 hour from our salon -so Iv had to charge her for the 2hours being out of salon travelling to and from, plus petrol. Which works out to around £120 to cover us both with petrol.
Plus £20-£30 for the hair ups themselves.

She has replied pretty astounded that we have applied a cost for us to be out of salon.. Do you think we are being unreasonable? :/
As we are going to loose 2 hours work travelling!

I think that's fair enough. You shouldn't lose money on it.
If she wants a lower cost she'll need to find somewhere closer to the venue. An hour is a long way!

Ah thank you! Yes myself and my stylist aren't happy doing it any cheaper -we would be better off staying in salon.

Wouldn't it make sense that you and the other stylist drive together? x

MAybe message her again but break it down so she can see where the costs come from individually, when I first read your post I thought woah £120 that's a lot to pay for call out but then I broke it down in my head and it makes sense.

I would charge whatever the total time out of the salon was at the rate of the highest price service you provide, so I.e if you could have done 4 sets of foils between you in the number of hours out of the salon they pay that amount, if their not happy to pay travel tell them to come to you and only pay the £20/£30 :)

Thanks ladies! Iv just messaged her with a price break down -£25 per hour per stylist.. That's what a cut and blowdry costs in salon which takes around 45mins/1hour.

Iv also mentioned about coming to us instead now :) thanks everyone! Xx

(Sorry assuming your all ladies, how stereotypical of me!!!) [emoji30][emoji30]

Yes, you have to think of all the money you would be making in the Salon, they can't have that for free. My old boss used to leave the salon for nothing less than £500 because she would easily make that in the Salon on a busy Saturday.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, you have to think of all the money you would be making in the Salon, they can't have that for free. My old boss used to leave the salon for nothing less than £500 because she would easily make that in the Salon on a busy Saturday.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow that's made me feel better lol! Thanks for all your advice guys x

Latest posts

Back