Client walked out and didn’t pay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairxByxMollie

Reaction score
So right let’s get the back story in.

Two months ago I had a client in who wanted me to supply extensions and fit them.

I talked her through the hair company I was using at the time and the shortest length they did were 16 inch.

The client agreed this was fine and that we will chop a few inches off after fitting.

I also told her that if she wanted to supply her own hair I could help her with colour matching and making sure she doesn’t get anything cheap.

The hair cost £120 for 7 packs of 16” stick tip extensions and then I charged £60 for fitting, blending, cutting and styling included.

( please note this is only a month after qualifying so I was only willing to use the band I was comfortable with until I could get some samples and look at other brands)

We cut about 2 inches off, client loved it, she then contacted me a few days later saying her daughter said she looks like a rocker and it doesn’t suit her, as I was unwell at the time another stylist from the salon I work in took it a few more inches shorter and did a wash and blow for free.

A month later she came in for a maintenance appointment, extensions were great, then a month later again she came in for a complete refit. This is where the problem is..

After refitting, spending two hours killing my back she said “ I just need to go the cash machine “ as she has been in twice before I trusted her, two hours later she messaged the salon page saying “ I am not paying as I wanted short hair extensions in the first place, I wasn’t going to pay last time either but I felt bad so I paid “

She has been reminded that we originally agreed at 16” due to my supplier not doing shorter lengths and she agreed that was fine!

I didn’t want to order from somewhere I wasn’t comfortable with as for all I know the hair could be terrible and I told her this, she was fine with it.

She has been in 4 times in total

New fitting - Paid
cut and finish - free
Maintenance - paid
Refit - did a runner and refused to pay.

What can I do about this?? Surly there must be something I can do, is this theft? Urg it’s really stressing me out, I’ve never had this problem before.

Yes, it’s theft as it’s she stated on the message that she didn’t intend to pay you all along.
It might be worth reporting this to the police as she’s deliberately taken something intending not to pay. Her message proves that.
Essentially that’s no different to her stealing a bottle of Vodka from Tesco and they would definitely prosecute her for that.
Do you have her home address?
Keep a copy of her message stating she was planning not to pay you.

If the police won’t help, write to her enclosing an invoice and giving her 7 days to pay before taking her to court for breach of contract.

Yes, it’s theft as it’s she stated on the message that she didn’t intend to pay you all along.
It might be worth reporting this to the police as she’s deliberately taken something intending not to pay. Her message proves that.
Essentially that’s no different to her stealing a bottle of Vodka from Tesco and they would definitely prosecute her for that.
Do you have her home address?
Keep a copy of her message stating she was planning not to pay you.

If the police won’t help, write to her enclosing an invoice and giving her 7 days to pay before taking her to court for breach of contract.

Do you know where I would get an invoice template? I have no idea how I would word it

You can also design your own via Microsoft Windows. Good luck x

Yes it is theft and fraud and deception What a horrendous woman ! Hair too long? Cut it! How on earth does she think she has a right to get a service and not pay? I will bet this isn’t the first time she has done this. Go all out. Invoice her. State time she has to pay, if she doesn’t then start proceeding on small claims court. Do not take this no way!! Jeezzzzzz

So right let’s get the back story in.

Two months ago I had a client in who wanted me to supply extensions and fit them.

I talked her through the hair company I was using at the time and the shortest length they did were 16 inch.

The client agreed this was fine and that we will chop a few inches off after fitting.

I also told her that if she wanted to supply her own hair I could help her with colour matching and making sure she doesn’t get anything cheap.

The hair cost £120 for 7 packs of 16” stick tip extensions and then I charged £60 for fitting, blending, cutting and styling included.

( please note this is only a month after qualifying so I was only willing to use the band I was comfortable with until I could get some samples and look at other brands)

We cut about 2 inches off, client loved it, she then contacted me a few days later saying her daughter said she looks like a rocker and it doesn’t suit her, as I was unwell at the time another stylist from the salon I work in took it a few more inches shorter and did a wash and blow for free.

A month later she came in for a maintenance appointment, extensions were great, then a month later again she came in for a complete refit. This is where the problem is..

After refitting, spending two hours killing my back she said “ I just need to go the cash machine “ as she has been in twice before I trusted her, two hours later she messaged the salon page saying “ I am not paying as I wanted short hair extensions in the first place, I wasn’t going to pay last time either but I felt bad so I paid “

She has been reminded that we originally agreed at 16” due to my supplier not doing shorter lengths and she agreed that was fine!

I didn’t want to order from somewhere I wasn’t comfortable with as for all I know the hair could be terrible and I told her this, she was fine with it.

She has been in 4 times in total

New fitting - Paid
cut and finish - free
Maintenance - paid
Refit - did a runner and refused to pay.

What can I do about this?? Surly there must be something I can do, is this theft? Urg it’s really stressing me out, I’ve never had this problem before.
Totally invoice her is you have her details give her time or tell her you will go to the police this might be enough. Omg can’t beluevd she never paid

Totally invoice her is you have her details give her time or tell her you will go to the police this might be enough. Omg can’t beluevd she never paid

Latest posts

Back