Client walked out without paying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I appreciate ACTUALLY taking legal action would cost more but threatening it is free!

Yes I appreciate ACTUALLY taking legal action would cost more but threatening it is free!
As long as this is done officially through means of a letter or phone call and no other means as otherwise it's harassment sadly. I think there is a limit by law how many times you can call as well.

So I called and left a message to say that if she doesn't pay by the end of the day we will assume she doesn't plan on paying and therefore we will take further action.

However I just saw a client of ours walk by who is a police officer and she was with her colleague.
I asked her advice and they've taken all of her details and are going to call her if she doesn't get back to us!
They also took her address and said they'll also send someone round to her house if needs be!
WIN!

I just can't believe some people! I had a walk in client once that did this (sort of), she had her eyebrow shape, then before paying she asked to use the loo. I showed her to the changing rooms which are just out the back door and into the next door, and 10 minutes later I was still waiting for her to come back through the back door… it turns out she was such a daydreamer that she had come out of the changing room and gone to the car park around the golf club house, instead of through the salon and just left!! I thought, "oh well, I will make them pay their bill first in future" and about an hour later she came running in saying that she'd gone to the supermarket and when she was paying for her groceries she saw the £10 note that she had got out to pay for her eyebrows and realised she'd left without paying! So it was a genuine mistake in my case, but it doesn't sound like that in yours :mad: I hope you get it sorted without causing any trouble for yourself or the salon. Keep us posted!

As frustrating and insulting as it is I agree with BannerPenguin. It's not worth wasting anymore of your time and energy on...she's not worth it. I would be glad to be rid of her and her negative energy. She's obviously not a nice or genuine person at all.
Good riddance to bad rubbish! Focus on the genuine clients you have and make your business the best it can be so that she's desperate to come back to you because your that good then revel in refusing her business because of her thieving ways and dishonesty!!!! Mwah ha ha!
Patience is a virtue and also Karmas a bitch!

As frustrating and insulting as it is I agree with BannerPenguin. It's not worth wasting anymore of your time and energy on...she's not worth it. I would be glad to be rid of her and her negative energy. She's obviously not a nice or genuine person at all.
Good riddance to bad rubbish! Focus on the genuine clients you have and make your business the best it can be so that she's desperate to come back to you because your that good then revel in refusing her business because of her thieving ways and dishonesty!!!! Mwah ha ha!
Patience is a virtue and also Karmas a bitch!

Did you see my post above about the police [emoji119][emoji119]

Maybe have a polite notice on the window stating all services must be paid for before leaving the premises? Who knows it may deter any future runners!

Interested to now how this turns out.

If anyone try's it again ask them to leave their phone with you until they come back with the money? [emoji6]

If anyone try's it again ask them to leave their phone with you until they come back with the money? [emoji6]

Yep we would do that next time [emoji4] shame you can't trust people though eh?

I've just had a client today who said she would pay when she gets home (she's a regular) her treatments came to £28 then she bought a product while she was there £10 but for some reason she only bought £20 with her?!?!
So she's still not paid....was wondering how you ask to keep someone's phone while they go get money out? It's quiet a personal thing to ask for but I get why people suggest it!

Here's an update.

She never got back to us yesterday and the police have just phoned me.
They also tried phoning her and even left her voicemails!
They have found her on Facebook so also plan to message her through that as well.
He was so nice and said if it's not settled by today that it will officially be reported as a crime and they will go to her house etc!!
So if anyone else finds themselves in this situation hopefully you'd find the police can be very helpful!

Get in !!!!!!!

Do you live somewhere incredibly rural & with zero crime?

I am astonished police are getting involved in a civil matter to this extent.

Do you think it is an appropriate use of police resources? Chasing a £9 bill for you?

When I got burgled the police did not come. When my car was stolen the police did not come. When we caught 2 thieves in my salon with £700 worth of merchandise the police did not come. London policing in action :)

From a pr perspective your response seems disproportionate to the offence & very heavy handed.

Surely it's theft (deliberate intention to leave without paying), and therefore a criminal offence and not a civil matter?
Hope the matter gets resolved soon.

@willowrose. It sounds like your local police force are less effective in crime prevention & detection?

A crime is a crime. Could have been £300 worth of treatments or £9 worth. It's principle.

It's Nice to hear the police are actually doing something for a change. They do very little in my area.

Do you live somewhere incredibly rural & with zero crime?

I am astonished police are getting involved in a civil matter to this extent.

Do you think it is an appropriate use of police resources? Chasing a £9 bill for you?

When I got burgled the police did not come. When my car was stolen the police did not come. When we caught 2 thieves in my salon with £700 worth of merchandise the police did not come. London policing in action :)

From a pr perspective your response seems disproportionate to the offence & very heavy handed.

Very heavy handed? Sorry but I totally disagree, £9 or £900 it is not OK for a client to walk off without paying. I've not put anything on social media, I've not contacted a solicitor, all I've done is call the client myself.

A couple of police officers (one of which was a client) were passing and were more than happy to help. I'm sure if they felt I was wasting their time they wouldn't have been so inclined to do so!

And yes I live in a rural area with no crime.

For all we know this girl is stealing from other businesses too.

And actually, just to add, I stopped the officers to ask their advice, I'm also surprised at how much they have been willing to do for us.

I think it's great they're doing something. I too don't think the value of the theft matters, it is wrong what she has done so why should she get away with it?!
As you live in a rural area with little/no crime, the police obviously have the time and resources to do this for you, if they didn't, you would have a very different outcome from contacting them. Therefore I don't think you are wasting their time at all. Where I live, the police prioritise cases on importance, if they feel something isn't serious enough, they will take ages to deal with it or not at all (if it is an ambiguous civil/criminal case like yours).
Anyway, I think you have done the right thing by not going through the social media route or turning up at her work.
Keep us updated. X

Call 101 and report it. You can always get a officer to visit your premises if you want, and you can also ask them to pass on the the message that they are banned from entering your premises. Good luck xoxo

Latest posts

Back