Client wanting ash balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitsay321

Reaction score
Hi there! My client I’m going to be doing the balayage on already has a bleach blonde base that’s got a cool tone as that’s her previous hair colour she’s had. I work mostly with NXT.

Wondering what the best ash colours/ shades to use are as she wants it darker at the root smudged into a lighter ash blonde and still the colour it is now on the ends.

Also if anyone has any experience with the nxt metallic range with the 6.12 and 8.12 that would be great!

My client wants as little gold tones as possible but I also don’t want it to look karky.

Thankyou!

Your client needs to stop looking at filtered images on Instagram! Balayage by nature gives a warm result. If she wants an ash blonde you'll need to incubate the lightener in foil and then tone

Hi there! My client I’m going to be doing the balayage on already has a bleach blonde base that’s got a cool tone as that’s her previous hair colour she’s had. I work mostly with NXT.

Wondering what the best ash colours/ shades to use are as she wants it darker at the root smudged into a lighter ash blonde and still the colour it is now on the ends.

Also if anyone has any experience with the nxt metallic range with the 6.12 and 8.12 that would be great!

My client wants as little gold tones as possible but I also don’t want it to look karky.

Thankyou!
To avoid khaki you'll need to add violet or make sure there's violet in your formula. Whatever your target shade is use this and add the appropriate amount of violet for that base level, use a low developer. Then on the ends use a violet pearl tone on a base 9 this will give a nice clean cool toned blonde.

Your client needs to stop looking at filtered images on Instagram! Balayage by nature gives a warm result. If she wants an ash blonde you'll need to incubate the lightener in foil and then tone
Not true. A cool result can be achieved with balayage, I've done it myself many times and its very simple to do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back