Client wanting to sue after eyelash extensions application!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRegina15

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday we had a client for a full set of eyelash extensions; we use lash perfect. We carried out a full application and the client had sensitive eyes when she opened. ( my eyelash tech though this was maybe the fumes as glue is quite strong) any how she was very fussy asking to add one there and here and why was this lash there ect.. but after my lash tech being very patient she was finally happy with the whole result. She paid and left.

Today I have been bombarded with texts calls and messages saying that her eyes are sore red and puffy and she "cannot see from her left eye" - My thoughts are she has had an allergic reaction of course -( we don't patch test for the glue as lash perfect don't require it - even though now I will defiantly be updating our policy !) she has flown of the hook swearing at me and my college as she is going on holiday today and she is very upset. We have advised her to removed them with us straight away but she will not come back. Its very upsetting for us as we are only a small business and she has decided to go around all of the other salons in town bad mouthing us. This has never happened to any of our clients before hand.

We have got her signature on the lash perfect consultation cards stating that if she has an allergic reaction she should come back immediately and that we will not be held responsible.

Im very worried that she has gone on holiday and will make them much worse - we have photo evidence of when they were completed and this is all fine. She stated that "this won't be the last you hear from me" we have taken screen shots of all texts and messages incase she does decide to pursue a case.

If any one has any advice that would be lovely (feeling sad)

Kind Regards,

Paige

Tbh unless you have evidence of a patch test I'm not sure what you can do. I know you said lash perfect don't request it (why ever not?! ) What about your insurance though? Surely they request patch tests to be covered. Hope it works out x

Hi,

I have called insurance and they say follow the manufactures guide - this states no patch test for lash perfect. Then I called lash perfect and they said the same too as "it doesn't touch the skin". But I will be doing this from now on just to be 100% safe.
Thank you x

I would have to say if it was really that bad she would of been in for removal! Perhaps one of life's chancers.

Hi,

I have called insurance and they say follow the manufactures guide - this states no patch test for lash perfect. Then I called lash perfect and they said the same too as "it doesn't touch the skin". But I will be doing this from now on just to be 100% safe.
Thank you x

Such a bummer for you (and for her) to experience.

Just note though that if the manufacturers position is that you do not need to patch test because the adhesive doesn't go on the skin... and you got some on the skin... then it means you weren't following manufacturers directions. While I understand their position... I think it is reasonable to expect a probability of skin contact so in my opinion, they should be encouraging patch testing.

Saying that, cyanoacrylates are very safe and allergic reactions are very rare.

I know you say lash perfect doesn't say to patch test but what does the manufacture say it should be on leaflet with your adhesive. In this day and age whether trainer says patch test or not I'd still be doing it and just because you have a card signed saying she didn't have patch test and it's not your fault that means nothing when comes to insurance and court I'm afraid. There is so much about patch testing and when working so close to the eye I deffo wouldn't be taking any risks

She could also be one of those highly neurotic people who probably rubbed and scratched her eyes a lot after application and thus making her own eyes swollen and itchy. In my country you do not need to patch test for eyelash extensions so where would you test anyways?! Not like that is even reasonable in my opinion. As eye area is not the same as your back ear and the skin is completely different and the tear ducts and eyes is the issue not the skin so your lash company is correct in saying that , however I sure I get ppl who disagree with me.

I would not worry to much about it, as long as you were professional on your side and have client records and you took pictures and have signed form you should be ok.

What I find odd is that she has send you many messages and calls but no actual proof of this reaction. I would expect a photo of the reaction if she didn't want to come in.

I would just ignore her if your lashes were 2/3 of way down natural lash as lash perfect train then they haven't touched her skin. If she wants your insurance details give them too her you have followed your protocol therefore I doubt she would even be successful xxxx

Well as we all know you always put photos on fb of that lovely holiday if she's left her profile open to public I'd have a poke around. Nothing like you investigating yourself. If it was really that bad and she had general fears she was going to lose her sight she'd cancel her holiday and get admitted to hospital. If all her eyes are swollen up how the hell she gonna find her way to an airport or drive her car to her holiday destination. Think she's pulling a fast one. Let's see if she sues you when she gets back from her holiday. Don't worry

Sorry, but if I became blind in one eye, I certainly would not be going on holiday! I don't believe her. If it were true, she would be calling you from the ER.

Sorry you are going through this x

It's easier said than done but you shouldn't worry, if her eyes were as bad as she said they are, she would have been in like a shot, I know I would. I would have also taken a photo and sent it to you. There's not going to be a problem when she comes back off of holiday, even if there was a bit of inflammation it would have probably of gone down so she would have missed the boat there.

Lesson learn't - my eyelash supplier say's a skin test isn't necessary but in the society of people suing for all sorts, be on the safe side, it only takes a few seconds for someone to come in and have the test done and in the long run, saves you a lot of hassle.

Good luck! xx

Latest posts

Back