Client wants balayage hair extensions please help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glammymammy

Reaction score
My client already has shoulder length hair with brown to blonde balayage hair she has requested the same in hair extensions. However I have not fitted these before and I am confused as to how I should go about it.

Do I just add more blonde into her hair or do I mix the brown and blonde? Can I get balayage hair extensions to just add to her hair as normal?

Or do I request she dyes her own hair to one colour and then I add the balayage hair?

Please help me as I am so confused:irked:
Thank you so much in advance x

Sorry to bump this up just hoping for some advice thanks :)

I thought balayage was painted highlights so just match then highlight colour in as normal but if they are quite fine split the bonds down.

How long is here hair now? How much more length does she want extended? where does she want the blending of blonde to start?
ANy pics of whats she wants would be helpful
xxx

Hey thanks for the replies....balayage is not really highlights it is more of one colour blending from one to another brown to blonde so I dont know if adding highlights will give the same effect I may have picked you up wrong tho sorry if I have x

Jojo her hair is shoulder length it is brown then blonde at the ends she wants 20" length added I suggested she colour her hair brown and I would add the brown and blonde (mainly blonde) so this would show in the ends?

I just dont think this will look right has anyone here ever done it for a client?

Thanks for your help ladies x

yes, I would colour her hair brown, then add blonde extensions through the bottom two rows, then blonde and brown for another two rows, then brown on the top rows. Ive done this before and it looks great. You have to use your creativity for colour placement, just like you would if you were colouring. Great fun and looks ace. :)
xxx

Thats great thanks a million I will try this on her then hopefully it works will work out :)

yes, I would colour her hair brown, then add blonde extensions through the bottom two rows, then blonde and brown for another two rows, then brown on the top rows. Ive done this before and it looks great. You have to use your creativity for colour placement, just like you would if you were colouring. Great fun and looks ace. :)
xxx

Hi JoJo I've not tried this technique with extensions. Could you post a pic please? x

I have no pics :sad: But it looked lovely I swear.
I first coloured the hair a coppery level 7 then used lightest blonde extensions at the bottom, then very light gold and natural through the middle, then added a little of the natural colour through the top. I didnt want chunks of blonde at the sides, so I only used the copper and gold, with the odd light at the sides.
Did that make any sense? lmao
xx

Latest posts

Back