Client wants her tan darker!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacylouise

Reaction score
i sprayed a client today with a 10% but shes just contacted me asking if i would spray her again as she would like it darker, can i do this or will it muck up?

Well you could spray over it but ideally she should let it wear off before respraying... otherwise the wear off might end up patchy looking - if you warn her of that then it's up to her I guess if she wants to pay you for a darker tan so soon...

Has she left it on long enough for it to develop? :) 10% is the solution I use on pale clients (8% I use on those who like my family NEVER tan but look at the sun and turn bright red despite factor 50!) - 12% is the most commonly recommended and used but I expect 14 will get more popular now :)

yeah she's left it on long enough she got sprayed at 3 today :rolleyes: i thought the 10% would have been sufficient but i guess not lol x

yeah she's left it on long enough she got sprayed at 3 today :rolleyes: i thought the 10% would have been sufficient but i guess not lol x

If she got sprayed at 3 and has already told you that she's not happy with the intensity then that doesn't even make it 8 hours.
And I was trained to leave on at least 8 hours unless it was a rapid tan or your guidelines are different?

Some of my girls leave theirs on for 12 hours as they tried 8 and even that wasn't deep enough for them but they find 12 to be ok for them.
Just a thought :) xx

I use Sienna x and they say if you want a deeper tan you can respray within 24-48 hours of last one

Maybe you didn't spray close enough to the client. You could spray her again with the 10% but closer. I think this would make it darker. Best wait till tomorrow to make a decision. Has she showered the guide colour off? If not it may be darker by the morning hth:) x

brown bitz is 4-6 hours, i spray about 6/7 inches away from the body so im not sure, i think its because brown bitz is such a natural colour and doesnt look fake if that makes sense? x

Hi,I always tell my clients to rinse off the following day, never had trouble in years!!!!

I like fake bake darker think it's 15 or 16% not for the naturally fair though

I use the fake bake original and the darker. Not had a problem using either. Clients who like a deeper colour like the darker solution. I've used the darker one on myself, but I feel it's a little too dark so I stick with the original which is dark enough for me.:biggrin:

If she had a tan and washed off after your recommended time and is not happy with the colour and wants to be darker then you CAN spray her again and this will not cause any problems in 24/48 hours.

A tan on a tan will make her go darker so don't go spraying her with too high a percent solution on the second spray, you need to think of the colour she has and then add on the colour the percent you choose to spray her with would give. It is very hard to guesstimate the colour anyone will go when double dipped (2 tans in 24/48 hours) so I would recomend you air on the side of caution and spray with a lowish percent solution, I would prob use an 8% or 10% personally.

I would also charge her for the second tan if she did not made it clear at the consultaion what she was after, if you feel it was your fault then maybe offer a discount as there will be your time & products used to do the second tan than need to be covered.

thanks everyone! i'll let you know how it goes x

Hi All, Just to clarify this could be a factor of many things, with the problem encountered some of which are

1, client could have naturally oily skin therefore the tan is not being allowed to absorb into the outer layer of skin,

2,client could have other products still existent on skin, again causing the same problem,as the previous point, has the client exfoliated from research many people dont, but may say they have when things dont go to plan :)

3, hormone imbalance, creating an imbalance in natural amino acids within the skin which can cause patchyness and also tans to not take well overall, particularly this has an effect during menstrual cycle, and pregnancy.

Some problems in tanning are always going to be out of your control like the above to rectify, however the main thing you need to clarify is what ratio of customers are having no problems, and are happy with the tans and service recieved, if its one unfrequently every now and again, this is expected if happening all the time, A look at supply and application is needed.

she ended up loving the first tan i done so i didn't need to respray lol

paulas tan turned out gorgeous♥, she said thanks a lot + she'll be back lol :) xx

woke up to that this morining ^^ and this client is so fussy so im glad she loved it, i was panicking because she's so fussy lol

I had the exact same thing happen to me,nobody has ever complained about my tans and this particular client said it was too light so i asked her to wait until the next day and she loved it,i still spray her now and she is fussy,so when she is happy i am too :)

she ended up loving the first tan i done so i didn't need to respray lol

paulas tan turned out gorgeous♥, she said thanks a lot + she'll be back lol :) xx

woke up to that this morining ^^ and this client is so fussy so im glad she loved it, i was panicking because she's so fussy lol
A spray tan can take up to 24 hours for the color to fully develop so next time someone says so soon after that it isn't dark enough tell them to wait 24 hrs and then let you know again.

I am glad it turned out well

Latest posts

Back