Client wants me to fix her double home bleach disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg I'm so mad - I've just seen her asking on Facebook for a black hair dye from anyone who has one laying about . What a joke .. Sorry for the rant geeks but if I don't do it here I may say something harsh to her lol ... Some folk eh !

I'd comment under it advising her not to use it, as you discussed before you will correct her colour for her on ? date.

She sounds like one of the "it can't be that hard" lot, now she knows there's more to colouring then throwing a tint over the hair because of a picture on the front.

I really hope she gives your the chance to sort her colour out but judging by your post she's not learnt a thing.

Please say you charged her today for cutting her hair and didn't add the price onto the colour.

Arhhhhh this makes me sooooo mad ! One of my clients went from black to blonde and back again and again, all home jobs !
I laughed one day your hair will drop out, she came in one day for her cut & style and a took a second glance because I did not quite recognise her.she sat down in my chair and took off her wig her hair had snapped off !!! Think she had a pixie cut that day :)

I told her I was going to use the best products on the market to get her to a lovely colour and keep the condition - she would have had my devoted expert time . She has just texted saying she can't afford it .. Enjoy your green hair love !

Leave it there! Let her ruin her hair and come running! Lol

God, it annoys me so much when people just go ahead and do stuff to their hair without having a clue what to do. I really hope her hair goes green :) I advised a girl I know not to just chuck bleach at her hair that I could lift it and tone it but it'd be £15 an hour (I'm still new so trying to get clients so not charging lots for colour correction yet). She said she couldn't afford it. Two days later "I have orange and yellow and white bits of hair" on her fb status. I shook my head and fought back the urge to write "see, I told you so".

She doesn't sound like the type of client you would want anyway :) x

I sure don't want that type of client .. Thankfully I did charge for the cut first . Thing is she was looking for someone to sell her a colour for £2 or so - why did she book in at £100 grrr . Had to have a wine tonight as I've been thinking about her non stop for 2 days .

I would say there are times to turn away a client if that client isnt going to be inkeeping with your target market. You want clients that are going to be reliable, regular and that are going to respect your professional opinion. I've had clients come back to me after having disasters at home trying to remove colour and I find that they will take up hours of my time then rarely return, they want you to undo their mistakes so they can go back to doing their own hair. These kind of clients are not worth the time.

I would say there are times to turn away a client if that client isnt going to be inkeeping with your target market. You want clients that are going to be reliable, regular and that are going to respect your professional opinion. I've had clients come back to me after having disasters at home trying to remove colour and I find that they will take up hours of my time then rarely return, they want you to undo their mistakes so they can go back to doing their own hair. These kind of clients are not worth the time.

Those were my thoughts exactly !

I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but deep down I knew the truth .. Thanks do much for all your advice !

Latest posts

Back