Client wants me to fix her double home bleach disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee7smith

Reaction score
Hi geeks , I had a lady who had black hair wanting to go eventually platinum blonde . I told her this was not possible in one or even 2 stages but quoted her a price of £60 to get her on her way and we would start the process by lifting and highlighting ! She did not want to pay this I guess as she never booked . Well I have just had a message from her asking me to fix her hair as she has bleached it twice and used some kind of toner or something . She says she has blonde roots but ginger ends - I told her typhus could happen . Anyway I'm not prepared to fix it as I don't want this kind of customer . I am mobile . What should I say without sounding too rude . She didn't want to pay my £60 but it's gonna cost her more in a salon ... Good . Thanks geeks

Maybe you could say your very busy for the next few weeks and to do colour correction you need a large gap in your day to fix it as it takes so long to sort out which you havnt got as your so busy at the moment. Could say something along them lines, don't know why they bother to even do this as it just costs them more in the end to get it fixed. 😜 xxx

Just say yes I can rectify your colour problem but you will have to go to this colour so it's even and show her a 6!! Then say in a month you can have a few highlights!! Never turn work down!!

i just fixed a clients hair that her "friend" bleached for her twice, she had blisters on her scalp god know what was used, i waited til her regrowth came in.

if u really dont want to do it just make your excuses, but i wouldnt turn down the work she will see how good u are and would have learned the lesson diy costs double..

I think you should do it, but defiantly charge more as its a massive colour correction!

And if she thinks it's "too high price" then you won't be too worried :) xx

I would ask to see what kind of damage has been done to her hair and charge the same price at the end of the day she's came back with her tail between her legs so be professional and treat her like any other customer :D

Thankyou geeks actually I think I will see her and try to fix it if she is willing to pay . Will let you know how it goes .

Hi lee7smith,

I read your post about one of your clients coming to you for help regarding a bleach disaster. If you don't want to fix your client's hair or if she feels that she doesn't have the money to fix it, I was wondering whether she might be interested in being involved in a new tv show and having her hair fixed for free?

Maverick TV, the producers of How to Look Good Naked and Embarrassing Bodies, are urgently looking for people who've had disasters with home hair dyes, as your client seems to have had, for a new beauty tv show.

If you think your client may be interested please feel free to call 0207 874 6622 or e-mail [email protected].

Many thanks,

lclark

Lol now there's n offer !!!
If she does not want to go down the tv route, you can at least tell her she will have to wait until her hair has recovered from the bleach.

I wouldnt turn the work down but I would charge accordingly, not just for a full head of foils. She's probably kicking herslef she didnt get you to do it in the first place, but sometimes it takes a client to make a massive mistake themselves before they realise we dont just charge willy nilly OTT prices - we charge for x amount of years experience and training!
Good luck with it babe xx

Personally I would quote 180 for the first fix appointment. When hair has been screwed up that much, correction becomes skilled, exact work.
If she doesn't want to pay that, then let her go elsewhere.

I know for a fact she won't be happy about paying I think if I tell her £75 she wont want me to do it .. But I will have to book a whole morning or afternoon out as well as I dont know what it will entail . Thanks for the help geeks :)

Charge £35 per hour

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335276843.192265.jpg. So I have just been to her house and cut alot of the colour out , this is what we are left with . Condition feels quite good considering . I was thinking of using effasor to lift out the final bits for her and then toning with something or other depending what happens with lifting .. What do you think ?

Also I quoted her around £100 as I've booked out an entire morning . Can not believe she has booked ! I don't have any time until a week Friday so I guess she always has time to back out :/

I should have known this would happen .. Just had a text asking how much it would be if she wanted to go back dark with blonde highlights .... Arrgghhh ...

I should have known this would happen .. Just had a text asking how much it would be if she wanted to go back dark with blonde highlights .... Arrgghhh ...

The same price!! You need to use 3 tubes? And a lot of time

I wasn't gonna drop the price its just silly putting the hair through all that to then go dark again for her wanting to go light again the time after .

Omg I'm so mad - I've just seen her asking on Facebook for a black hair dye from anyone who has one laying about . What a joke .. Sorry for the rant geeks but if I don't do it here I may say something harsh to her lol ... Some folk eh !

Let her go green!!

Latest posts

Back