Client wants natural french - can I mix white and pink to soften the white???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sas21

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have my first client and she would like a natural look.

I only have white, pink and clear.

My question is - can I mix pink and white to make a softer looking white as opposed to bright white?

Thanks geeks!

xx

Hi

Are you using gel or acrylic?

I don't use acrylic but have read posts about people mixing with it so hopefully someone will reply soon to help you :). I use gel and have often wondered if you could do the same with gel as some people definately prefer a more natural look. not sure the gel would mix that well together :confused:
Good luck anyway x

Hey chick , mix your clear powder with your white-say 50:50 then adjust to what you want. Its that easy!
Good luck
jayneym

Hey chick , mix your clear powder with your white-say 50:50 then adjust to what you want. Its that easy!
Good luck
jayneym

Great, thanks very much for that!

I was a bit worried as it's my first client and I really want to give her what she wants!
:hug:
xx

I don't use acrylic but have read posts about people mixing with it so hopefully someone will reply soon to help you :). I use gel and have often wondered if you could do the same with gel as some people definately prefer a more natural look. not sure the gel would mix that well together :confused:
Good luck anyway x

Thanks hun, I wouldn't have the first clue about gel!:eek:
xx

Good luck with your first client, let us know how it went!

Hi, I'm back!

All went well, although I have GOT to get my times down!! (from start to finish it took me aboout 3 1/2 hours!!):(

I ended up just doing natural tips with pink overlay and didn't do the white/clear mix as I wasn't quite brave enough! lol
I will have a play tonigh though if I get time.

Thanks for all your help guys!

xx

Hi, I'm back!

All went well, although I have GOT to get my times down!! (from start to finish it took me aboout 3 1/2 hours!!):(

I ended up just doing natural tips with pink overlay and didn't do the white/clear mix as I wasn't quite brave enough! lol
I will have a play tonigh though if I get time.

Thanks for all your help guys!

xx

Don't worry about the time mate, it will come.

Let us know when you do feel brave enough and try the mix suggested, I would love to see the outcome.

Teri x:hug:

Soft whites easy to make (if I read right ur Creative?) easy peasy, I mix 1/2 teaspoon of white to 1/4 teaspoon of clear.. ta da soft white.. I normally only make a dappy full at a time and pop the rest in a tiny clear zip lock baggie (infact I need to do my nails so might go from bright white to soft this time too)

I would tend to stay clear of any powder that's translucent for the free edge, for obvious reasons. For a natural free edge mix i have used Geeg's mix of 2 parts white:1 part flawless and a tiny bit of yellow.
Hope this helps and isn't too confusing,x

Latest posts

Back