Client wants refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzubri

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have terrible experiences with costumer last week
She came to my salon and begged me to change her bad very bad colour home done box colour black and very uneven no hair cut for one year
well I normally don’t but this time I said yes
she came 7:00pm and left 11:00pm
with stunning very beautiful natural based balayage
I used Olaplex and her hair was amazing condition
Everything was ok she was happy till we went to the price
I charge her 230£ she paid and left
The next day the nightmare start
She and her sister start coming and called me and complain how much she is depressed and miserable with her hair
and ask me for refund
I said no
She said she is going to sue me
Please help

Hi everyone
She came to my salon and begged me to change her bad very bad colour home done box colour black and very uneven no hair cut for one year
She and her sister start coming and called me and complain how much she is depressed and miserable with her hair
and ask me for refund
I said no
Please help
She won't be able to sue you if there's nothing wrong with it? Is it what she asked for? Did you take before and after pictures?
Did you document everything? Did she show you pictures of what she wanted you to achieve?
Just ignore her, she'll get fed up. She basically spent to much and is trying it on to get money back!
This might sound harsh, sounds like that's the case. Others might disagree, but i don't think you should give a refund, and I don't think she's sound slike the type that you can talk round.

I agree with Ronray, DO NOT REFUND!!
People like her are just chancers!!

If she says she is going to sue you (she won't) just tell her I'll see you in court!
Let us know what happens x

Hi everyone
and ask me for refund
I said no
Please help

Disagree with above poster I’m sure that part is a joke but NEVER say I will see you in court.

She is welcome to sue you. People without money can’t do that however, so if she’s desperate for money back from a hairdo she can’t afford to sue you. Never worry about being sued unless it’s actually happening. That would cause so much unnecessary anxiety. This isn’t even an insurance problem so she would get laughed at by anyone she approached to sue you. Boohoo my hair is so pretty but I’m depressed. They would tell her to go get a life.

Obviously don’t say a word about suing or insurance.

Being depressed about your hair is NOT a reason to get a refund.

You did what she asked? Check.
She left happy? Check
Did you injure her or damage her hair? No

If she turns up again, politely inform her that as you did what she asked and she was happy with it and how beautiful it is, you will not be refunding her. NEVER change the phrase you use, repeat it over and over until she gets it, being assertive. If she gets aggressive tell her that she needs to leave or you will call the police. End of. If she’s aggressive and you have to call the police it would not look good on her and you can add that to her client record if she did try and sue you. Which she isn’t going to.

Also never ever do her hair again.

And stop working so late :D

Disagree with above poster I’m sure that part is a joke but NEVER say I will see you in court.

She is welcome to sue you. People without money can’t do that however, so if she’s desperate for money back from a hairdo she can’t afford to sue you. Never worry about being sued unless it’s actually happening. That would cause so much unnecessary anxiety. This isn’t even an insurance problem so she would get laughed at by anyone she approached to sue you. Boohoo my hair is so pretty but I’m depressed. They would tell her to go get a life.

Obviously don’t say a word about suing or insurance.

Being depressed about your hair is NOT a reason to get a refund.

You did what she asked? Check.
She left happy? Check
Did you injure her or damage her hair? No

If she turns up again, politely inform her that as you did what she asked and she was happy with it and how beautiful it is, you will not be refunding her. NEVER change the phrase you use, repeat it over and over until she gets it, being assertive. If she gets aggressive tell her that she needs to leave or you will call the police. End of. If she’s aggressive and you have to call the police it would not look good on her and you can add that to her client record if she did try and sue you. Which she isn’t going to.

Also never ever do her hair again.

And stop working so late :D
It's only a phrase haha like you said yourself it's not going to happen is it?
If someone was trying to get me to refund and was threatening me with being sued or court, even if I knew I'd done nothing wrong? If that person was trying to intimidate me into paying then yes, I would tell them that I'll see them in court then!

So sorry that you’ve come across such an ungrateful client. Agree with the others, Don’t Refund.
She clearly didn’t appreciate the effort you took and the fact that you went well beyond what could be reasonably expected.

More worryingly, do you often stay working on a client until 11pm?
I can’t imagine ever doing that, even for a best friend. :eek:

Make sure you look after your own well-being.

Thank you very much for your response !
She is definitely not rich and she is very rude she keeps coming to me and make my life a nightmare she is calling every day five times and more worried about that it is happening when the salon is full
Now she tried to ask for half refund .....she is definitely not working if she is coming every single day
however her hair looks amazing...and now I’m going to report her because she will never stop

16fc602240f2c23df2462f2ba16b171d.jpg

This is how she left the salon and she came definitely number 1 pure black with patches of numbers 4 and 5
all done with box hair colour at home

The picture looks like slightly orange but because was very late and no day lights the real colour is very natural

I am confident after all your response no refund!!!

Good on you, stand your ground! X

I would report her ASAP for harasment. Her behaviour is unacceptable. For the future I would inform clients of approximate cost in case they dont have the money. Looks like she thouth this would cost £50

I would report her ASAP for harasment. Her behaviour is unacceptable. For the future I would inform clients of approximate cost in case they dont have the money. Looks like she thought
this would cost £50

You poor thing dealing with that!
And 11pm at night my god !
This is where i luv being mobile when you come across a dog like this you simply block all correspondence and they dont know where u live or work lol
Dont refund anything youve done an awesome job

If you feel that your job is correct (it looks like it is) don't refund. I hope she will give up.

I think your work is amazing and you definitely have the right to be paid. But I bet she had no idea it was 4 hours work. She wouldn't have asked at 7pm if she had. It's just not a reasonable thing to do. So if you normally shut at say 8pm and agreed to do her hair at 7pm she might have thought it would be £60-£80 and take around an hour. I'm not saying that this is possible, just that she's a client, not a hairdresser. She could not have imagined that you would willingly stay until 11pm, nor that you would say "ok" without saying "well it will take me at least 4 hours and cost you £230"

I know a hairdresser who did this work for a client and when he asked for £240 she just shrugged and said "well I've only got £80" He was very upset and felt totally robbed. I told him he should give quotes and take deposits to avoid getting stung in the future.

I sent a client to him for a similar correction job and I told her to ask for a quote. She said she could not believe the figure, so she got prices elsewhere and was told - you'll have to spread the work over three appointments and we can't promise we'll get the result you want, whereas my recommendation said "anything is possible" and he could do it for her on one appointment - which worked out about the same price and less hassle for her.

It was the most money she'd ever spent on her hair. But she had a chance to think about whether she wanted to pay that much, and she decided that she did.

Bear this in mind in future. It isn't fair to clients to run up a big bill without checking that this is ok. Of course she's depressed. She has spent money she can't afford and feels guilty and ashamed at the cost of her vanity. It's absolutely nothing to do with your work and everything to do with her not knowing how much she was committing to.

So next time you take pity on a desperate client, remember that you're not a charity worker. Feeling sorry for someone and working so late can be misunderstood as an act of altruism. She might have been sitting there thinking that this was an act of kindness not that the meter was ticking.

I think your work is amazing and you definitely have the right to be paid. But I bet she had no idea it was 4 hours work. She wouldn't have asked at 7pm if she had. It's just not a reasonable thing to do. So if you normally shut at say 8pm and agreed to do her hair at 7pm she might have thought it would be £60-£80 and take around an hour.

Lol, I disagree with your belief that clients are entirely reasonable. :p
I’ve known clients who don’t care how long it takes or how much it costs because they need it doing NOW.
They only get buyers remorse the next morning when they realise they’re broke.

Latest posts

Back