Client wants to return item

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalm

Reaction score
I sold a GHD glide last week however the person who it was bought to wants to return it as "they don't want it" she's said shes taken it out of the box to look at it. Am i to take it back?

I don't think you have to unless it is faulty. What does your policy state?

If she's changed her mind you don't have to accept it back, many retailers do as their own policy.

Thats what i was thinking. My policy is only if the item is faulty it can be returned . She obviously did want it at a stage because her bf told me he tried "20 other salons" to get it because it was sold out everywhere now she says she doesn't want it

I would guess that she got caught up in the moment, has tried it and it may not be what she was expecting. Stick by your policy unless you think you can resell easily or offer a credit note so you're not out of pocket.

I would guess that she got caught up in the moment, has tried it and it may not be what she was expecting. Stick by your policy unless you think you can resell easily or offer a credit note so you're not out of pocket.
Yeah, thing is if she's tried it i really can't even sell it on due to hygiene no ones going to want it if they know its been used and i already have one in the salon for use in there

That was me speculating! I agree you shouldn't re sell if it has been used. Just tell her no.

Only has to be if faulty and within 30 days (don’t say so in case she tries it on and breaks it haha).

Most shops do it as a gesture of goodwill (like how many times have you ordered online a few sizes or something is too small etc). But it’s not like we have any right to have that.

I personally would not refund it in case she enjoyed the free ride, came back and did it again.

Latest posts

Back