Client who didn't tell she was on medication

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechelz

Reaction score
So I've built up a really great friendship with my regular client who has been seeing me for all her waxing treatments for the past 8 months. Today she came in to get her eyebrows waxed and as usual I started but noticed within the first pull that her skin slightly peeled off. I immediately thought "oh god I burnt her" and proceeded to re check my wax but it was at a normal temp. I told her that her skin had come off and I was really sorry but she then told me that she started using Accutane again. I feel so crap as I didn't feel the need to ask her if she was on medication as she is my regular client who I see often but at the same time I wonder why she didn't bother to tell me first. Has this happened to any beauticians out there? I'm so distressed as she says its not my fault but when she saw her eyebrow she wasn't happy.

My friend has just been on roaccutane, and was told she couldn't have any waxing done! She should have let you know!

I was on roaccutane for just over 12 months and it causes the skin to thin so no waxing should be done I have had the same thing happen when I've done my own whilst on it.
If you have asked her and she hasn't disclosed the info then it's not your fault. I wouldn't wax her again even after you've finished your course of it your skin takes a few more months to recover so I'd give it a miss in future. Just tell her to put sudacream on it

Its your responsibility to ask at each appointment if there is a change to their medication etc etc and note it on their consultation card before the treatment. Yes, you would have thought that she would have told you but its not up to the client, its up to the therapist. Did her doc inform her that she cant have waxing whilst taking these meds and cant until being off them from 3-6 months? Dont stress about it, it was a honest mistake. We've all made mistakes, believe me ive made some shockers. We all learn from it. Check out the chit chat thread on embarrassing mistakes we've done, that will definitely cheer you up

I was on roaccutane for just over 12 months and it causes the skin to thin so no waxing should be done I have had the same thing happen when I've done my own whilst on it.
If you have asked her and she hasn't disclosed the info then it's not your fault. I wouldn't wax her again even after you've finished your course of it your skin takes a few more months to recover so I'd give it a miss in future. Just tell her to put sudacream on it

This would of been her second time using it and she said she should of have told me, and I wished I would have asked even though she was my regular. Definitely not going to wax her for a very long time now.

Its your responsibility to ask at each appointment if there is a change to their medication etc etc and note it on their consultation card before the treatment. Yes, you would have thought that she would have told you but its not up to the client, its up to the therapist. Did her doc inform her that she cant have waxing whilst taking these meds and cant until being off them from 3-6 months? Dont stress about it, it was a honest mistake. We've all made mistakes, believe me ive made some shockers. We all learn from it. Check out the chit chat thread on embarrassing mistakes we've done, that will definitely cheer you up

You are definitely right! I know I should of asked, I let our friendship get in the way and second guessed myself that it would be okay. I always tell my new clients and ask them everything, I know it shouldn't just stop there, from now on I'll be asking all clients new and old just to be safe. Thank you, ahh the life of a beautician, I will definitely check out that thread, I definitely need some cheering up!

This would of been her second time using it and she said she should of have told me, and I wished I would have asked even though she was my regular. Definitely not going to wax her for a very long time now.

Just from now on remember to go through a client record card before each treatment with every client and just ask if any things changed since their last treatment! It's a valuable lesson to learn x

I feel for you. I never wax anyone unless they've been off of it for 6mths.

If she had been on them before wouldn't she have known that she can't get waxed while on them?

If she had been on them before wouldn't she have known that she can't get waxed while on them?

That is what I said, because she told me she was on them 2 years ago (before I started waxing her 8 months ago for the first time) and she said she should of told me but she thought her skin was fine enough :/ I guess we both were pretty inconsistent on that one, so I kind blame her for not letting me know but I do blame myself for not asking if anything has changed in her lifestyle.

Latest posts

Back