client who has had mma products for 3 years!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
I had a lovely client last night for a set of sculpts, she had phone the week before for an appointment asking for a full set of enhancements but requiring them to be thin, I said I would sculpt them as this way there is no tip so not only are they thinner but they are stronger too.

She said she would go and get the ones she had on taken off where she had had them put on, I said no problem as I was really busy and had squeezed her in for a 9pm appointment and I am not very fast at putting sets on.

Anyway when she turned up her nails were a mess, they looked horrible, she said they had removed the product with an electric drill, and boy could you tell, as we talked I found out lots more , they did no prep and used a drill before and after application after a day they lost there shine and started to turn yellow. She must of known they were not good for her but she still kept going back and had been having them done in London mainly then Barnsley for 3 years on and off.

Alarm bells started ringing and I started to think has she been going to the nss nail bars, I was horrified at the state of her nails and with some of the stories she told me how there were 5 of these salons on one street in london and they were packed all day long!! Dont people care about what they are doing to their nails.

I re educated her the best I could and did a full set of sculpts which she was thrilled with, needless to say she will not be going back to these horrible salons and she will be telling anyone else who goes there not to, lets just hope she keeps her word.

Photos as requested, they dont look too bad, the little finger I missed off was the worst which is typical, I have also emailed her an article sam had on here about all the information re these kind of products etc. and she seemed to appreciate it

Attachments

• sara after both hands.JPG
    sara after both hands.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 132
  • sarah before left hand.JPG
    sarah before left hand.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 105
  • P4120053_edited.JPG
    P4120053_edited.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 94
  • sara before.JPG
    sara before.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 93
Crikey,did you get any before and after pics ?

oh thats just horrible would have been great to see pics

Delisnails said:
I had a lovely client last night for a set of sculpts, she had phone the week before for an appointment asking for a full set of enhancements but requiring them to be thin, I said I would sculpt them as this way there is no tip so not only are they thinner but they are stronger too.

She said she would go and get the ones she had on taken off where she had had them put on, I said no problem as I was really busy and had squeezed her in for a 9pm appointment and I am not very fast at putting sets on.

Anyway when she turned up her nails were a mess, they looked horrible, she said they had removed the product with an electric drill, and boy could you tell, as we talked I found out lots more , they did no prep and used a drill before and after application after a day they lost there shine and started to turn yellow. She must of known they were not good for her but she still kept going back and had been having them done in London mainly then Barnsley for 3 years on and off.

Alarm bells started ringing and I started to think has she been going to the nss nail bars, I was horrified at the state of her nails and with some of the stories she told me how there were 5 of these salons on one street in london and they were packed all day long!! Dont people care about what they are doing to their nails.

I re educated her the best I could and did a full set of sculpts which she was thrilled with, needless to say she will not be going back to these horrible salons and she will be telling anyone else who goes there not to, lets just hope she keeps her word.

For what reason did this woman keep returning to this place???? Do you know?

alot of people carry on going nss because they dont know any different, if their first experience was a nss then thats probably how they view all nail technicians do the same, how are they too know there is a better kinder and less painful way of having nail enhancements.
the more the public are eductucated and it is made known to them (articles in magazines etc) the more the public will begin to understand that there are good nail technicians out there who's primary aim is the care of the natural nail then the lady who goes to the nss will be non the wiser.
well done for showing her the difference between a nss and a good nail technician...this will have a knock on affect as she spreads the word to her friends

Before I trained as a nail tech i went to a NSS for 3 years too, they almost always hurt me with the drill, no prep, no sanitation etc..

Why did i continue going???? because i didnt know any better and i was happy with my nails....

I have had a few clients who have been to NSS before coming to me and i educate them why I am different, i try not to scare them as i dont want them to feel frightened about having their nails done..

I think as long as we proffesionally educate our clients we will be the ones laughing. x

I have a before and after picture, when I get time will download onto computer, although I have to say her nails dont look too bad on the picture. I do hope you are right Joanne and that she does spread the word, she is a nurse and says when she was down in london everyone used them, I asked why, and she said because that was all there was. I think it was more all she knew. She was a lovely intelligent girl and I was surprised at what she had been doing, at the one in Barnsley it wasnt even cheap she paid 30 for a full set, she also told me that they had creative posters all over the salon!!!

Lissie Broom said:
Before I trained as a nail tech i went to a NSS for 3 years too, they almost always hurt me with the drill, no prep, no sanitation etc..

Why did i continue going???? because i didnt know any better and i was happy with my nails....

I have had a few clients who have been to NSS before coming to me and i educate them why I am different, i try not to scare them as i dont want them to feel frightened about having their nails done..

I think as long as we proffesionally educate our clients we will be the ones laughing. x

She said they often hurt her with the drill, another thing that puzzled me was that she said they put some oil on her nails then asked her to go and wash her hands, why would they do that, they did not buff them so it could not have been that

Hi

As requested I have added the pics of the client I had last night who had been going to the nss nail bar to the initial thread posted this morning.

*JOANNE* said:
alot of people carry on going nss because they dont know any different, if their first experience was a nss then thats probably how they view all nail technicians do the same, how are they too know there is a better kinder and less painful way of having nail enhancements.
the more the public are eductucated and it is made known to them (articles in magazines etc) the more the public will begin to understand that there are good nail technicians out there who's primary aim is the care of the natural nail then the lady who goes to the nss will be non the wiser.
well done for showing her the difference between a nss and a good nail technician...this will have a knock on affect as she spreads the word to her friends

Totally agree Joanne, I too am an advocate of getting clients away from the torture of the NSS, but as you say when this is a first impression of nail services, they think is has to hurt...beauty is pain lol

We have many NSS in Bristol and I rebalance many NSS sets and clients are so thankful that I haven't caused friction burns or cut them....and as an aside, given them nails that you could wedge a door open with :)

You have done a great job on these Adele ... you are going from strength to strength with your sculpting :)

thanks Jen although its still taking me two hours which is far too long for sculpting, sometimes I get a set done in an hour and half but then it goes back up to two, too much talking I think maybe

Latest posts

Back