client with a sore nail!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, one of my case studies for college (my neighbour) has come to see me today as she fell over yesterday and caught her fingers. This resulted in losing two nails (acrylic) and on on of the fingers it looks like she has torn the hyponicium (if ive spelt that right!). It has bled a little and is obviously tender.
My question is this:..

Can / or should I replace the lost nail on this finger while it is still tender underneath the free edge (my thought was 'no' - but would like your opinions). I cant get hold of my tutor to ask her and my neighbour is at my door every 2 mins asking if i've found out yet!!

personally I would wait a couple of days until the pain has eased and some healing has taken place - put some savlon/ germolene on and wrap in plaster!

Replace once healing has begun otherwise it could be very painful - just my opinion though someone else may have a better idea

hth

personally I would wait a couple of days until the pain has eased and some healing has taken place - put some savlon/ germolene on and wrap in plaster!

Replace once healing has begun otherwise it could be very painful - just my opinion though someone else may have a better idea

hth
I agree with you, I definatly wouldnt put another nail on
until it has fully healed.You will risk infection and possibly cause
her more pain

I agree with you, I definatly wouldnt put another nail on
until it has fully healed.You will risk infection and possibly cause
her more pain

I agree, wait a day or so to heal before touching it, you dont want to infect the nail or cause the client pain. You will also be very nervous if you do it straight away and this will affect the finish of the nail and your confidence.

This could be quite painful by the sounds of it, I would advise her to dip in warm salted water about every 4 hours to help heal/dry the damage, often this kind of damage will "weep".

Best advice is to wait up to a week, damaged nails grow faster and soon enough you can fix her up.

Putting a nail on prematurely will only add leverage to an already sensitive situation of a damaged hyponichium and could lead to further nail separation.

Latest posts

Back