Client with acrylic wanting gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRL4YOU

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Sorry in advanced if this Q has already been asked. I'm still a noob at nails but slowly starting to accept clients to gain practice and experience.

So I have a client currently with acrylic nails that wants to come to me for gel.

So my question is, should I remove the acrylic completely off first and then give her a brand new set of gels? Is it an option to keep the acrylic on and just give her a full with gel (as I know some salons offer gel overlay over acrylic)?

And this is a silly question... But I don't deal with acrylic nails. Only gel. So I've never had to take off a set of acrylics before. What is the proper way to remove acrylics? My educator never really taught me :(

Thanks again!

I meant to put: is it possible to give her a FILL with gel... Not full.

Yes perfectly possible. Just go about it in the usual way but use your gel for the fill. (the only exception to this would be if they were a bit of a mess/lifting etc then I'd insist on a new set, but then I wouldn't fill a set like that with acrylic either lol)

Thank you Blossom!!! :) this will make everything much quicker :)

Hi ladies,

Sorry in advanced if this Q has already been asked. I'm still a noob at nails but slowly starting to accept clients to gain practice and experience.

So I have a client currently with acrylic nails that wants to come to me for gel.

So my question is, should I remove the acrylic completely off first and then give her a brand new set of gels? Is it an option to keep the acrylic on and just give her a full with gel (as I know some salons offer gel overlay over acrylic)?

And this is a silly question... But I don't deal with acrylic nails. Only gel. So I've never had to take off a set of acrylics before. What is the proper way to remove acrylics? My educator never really taught me :(

Thanks again!

Hi,

I had this same scenario just yesterday. I would advise removing the acrylic fully and then applying the gel.

You can soak off the acrylics using acetone (and if you use heat it will be 2x as fast). You can remove excess with an orange wood stick or cuticle pusher then return to soak. You may have to repeat this a few times until the acrylics are completely removed. I would allow at least an hour for this service.

Hths & good luck :)

Yes perfectly possible. Just go about it in the usual way but use your gel for the fill. (the only exception to this would be if they were a bit of a mess/lifting etc then I'd insist on a new set, but then I wouldn't fill a set like that with acrylic either lol)

Apologies Blossom, I wrote my reply at the same time as you (only slower!) not trying to undermine you at all :)

Thank you Mooey for the advice should I need to remove her acrylics :) Much helpful!!

Latest posts

Back