Client with dermatitis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrie

Reaction score
Hi :)

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.

I have a client with dermatitis , she is currently using a mineral oil based hand barrier cream, i know that mineral oil causes lifting and im trying to find another barrier cream to recommend to her she is current using , eau Therrmale Aven e , hand cream with cold cream.

Has anyone heard of this? and could anyone recommend another type without mineral oil?

I have given her some jojohoba based cuticle oil and told her to surround her cuticles and and nails with it before she rubs the cream on and to try and avoid rubbing it near or into her acryclic nails.

I hope i have advised her right for the moment, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks kerrie :)

This si a general and very borad term for skin disorder.
That could mean a heck ov a lot o different things. What specifically is the problem?

If moisture is whats needed... SolarOil, SolarSilk, or Solar Butter will be ace.
Depending on where its at... Cucumber Heel Therapy could be ace... Or even C:u3 Renew...

It all depends :)

Hope this helps

Mr Geek - in the kind of situation, would using faze 2 on top of the l&p not create a seal and stop/reduce lifting?

Mineral oil doesnt cause lifting. Mineral Oil has far too large of a molecular weight to even penetrate product (seldom even skin)... so it would be impossible to cause lifting.

As for the Faze2 tip... It wont make any difference as it cant improve the bond between the product and the plate.

Not even SolarOil can penetrate the bond between an enhancment and the natural nail.

now... if it was on the nail before product was applied... thats another story. :)

Not even SolarOil can penetrate the bond between an enhancment and the natural nail.

Hang on, are you saying that Solar Oil will not penetrate the product (L&P)through to the natural nail plate?

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Hang on, are you saying that Solar Oil will not penetrate the product (L&P)through to the natural nail plate?
Adele

SolarOil will penetrate any product and reptate through to the natural nail plate below... however... nothing will get between where the product and natural nail plate are 'fusing' together.

Envision it like this:

think of 2 sponges one on top of the other... SolarOil will work through the voids in both surfaces without breaking apart the bond between them...

HTH's

think i got it :idea: solar oil will still do the good stuff to the natural nail nail through the l&p but wont cause it to lift as the solar oil dont break any bonding with l&p and natural nail ;)

Eso es!! that's Spanish for ... that's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back