Client with dry skin/ ingrown hair problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
I recently started waxing a lady that had had a break from waxing as she explained to me the girl before was leaving lots of hairs behind, she had been shaving for a while. Her first treatment was fab and all the hairs were succsfully removed, she booked an app for 3 weks time, at this appointment as I was waxing I noticed that a ot of the hairs didn't appear to be coming away, on closed inspection they were all under the surface of the skin, I asked the client to watch as I showed her tha they were under the skin and explained that I didn't want her to think I wsn't removing them and this may have bee what had been hapening with the previous girl, I advised her to exfoliate, ( she had extremely dry skin ) and mentioned that the gloves you can buy were a good way of giving your skin a good exfoliation. She was fine, and agree'd she could see that they were under the skin and said she would make sure she exfoliated for next time, and made another two appoinments to come for her waxing.

Is there anything else I could advise?? there were lots!!! of hairs sitting under the skin, to sit with tweezers and ttry to remove them all I think I would have been there for a week, I also explained that the hairs are weaker after waxing and sometime don't have the strength to push through the skin in some cases.

thanks, ruth x

Hi Ruth

A dry body brush in upwards motion everyday before she gets in the shower. Also, I like the NoBump RX (beauty express). Apply everyday and this helps to loosen hairs. Also a good body lotion, maybe a glycolic one would be good here.

xx

Hiya,

I think exfoliation combined with some serious moisturising is the way forward. I recommend:

Approximately 3-4 days after your treatment start to gently exfoliate the area, repeating the process every 4-7 days (or as necessary)

And you have an opportunity to retail a mitt/scrub & a body lotion!

I had a client who had the same problem when she first came to me but last time I did her legs she didn't have even one growing under the surface so it can and will get better.

Good luck! Kx

I wonder if something like Tend Skin would help her - it's meant to "pop" ingrowns out on their own?

I agree, that apart from regular exfoliation, daily moisturizing would also help. Another thing to bear in mind is the type of clothing your client is wearing between waxing treatments. As we have experience a very long and cold winter, check with your client the styles of clothing she has been wearing eg. tight fitting jeans, leggings, tights etc... as this can also contribute to ingrown hairs.

Dry brushing then baby oil. She'll see great results. xx

thank you all so much for all the great advice, will definately be recomending she buy a body brush to dry brush with, along with all the other advice, thankyou!!!! xx

Latest posts

Back