Client with psoriasis on her hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippit

Reaction score
I have a new client that has Psoriasis on hands. Will she be ok using the CND Lamp I use for Shella?

I have psoriasis and get a very occasional small spot of it on my hand, mainly just as we come into winter. I use the CND Lamp with no problem at all.
UV light is a treatment for psoriasis- Id like to put my whole body under the lamp!!
Obviously everyone is different medically but I wouldn't think there would be any problem.

I have it badly on my hands too and it's not a problem, just make sure she hasn't been for light therapy for 24 hours

Because if you have light therapy you either soak your hands in a solution or you take tablets that help you soak in the uv light and become sensitive to it, but your fine after 24 hours,

but that's only if she's having light therapy at the hospital,

Hth

if she has open wounds from the psoriasis on her hands you shouldnt be performing any treatments on her until they have healed. This is what i was taught if there arent any open wounds she will be fine.

Latest posts

Back