client with rosacea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Hi there all

Ive recently qualified in beauty therapy and next week i have a client with Rosacea booked in for a facial, she told my colleague ahe wanted a to treat herself to some pampering, not for me to help her disorder. I didnt meet her myself to chat to her.

Are there any do's or donts regarding exfoliating etc,?

Ill be using either Skyndor anti aging facial range ( for dry mature skin) or the crystal clear range ( for all skin types , not the MDA )
Ive not done a facial before on this skin disorder so any advice would be much appreciated.

Carrie x

My mum suffers with rosacea, only mildly though. She is fine having all kinds of facials, including electrical but everybody is different. I would just say assess her skin and talk to her about what she uses at home before you try and decide what products to use. Obviously some harsh exfoliators would exasperate the redness. Just because she has rosacea, it doesn't automatically mean she has sensitive skin.

HTH
xx:hug:xx

My mum suffers with rosacea, only mildly though. She is fine having all kinds of facials, including electrical but everybody is different. I would just say assess her skin and talk to her about what she uses at home before you try and decide what products to use. Obviously some harsh exfoliators would exasperate the redness. Just because she has rosacea, it doesn't automatically mean she has sensitive skin.

HTH
xx:hug:xx
This is a valid point,as sensitivity isnt always an issue with rosacea.

This is a hard skin care to treat,if using the wrong products can worsen this situation.An SPF is an absolute must,to protect the skin,preferably 20 or over.

Im not familiar with your skin care,but as its a professional range im sure,if you foloow the prescribed products for that particular facial,your client will get the desired result in treating her rosacea.hth:)

i would say its important to exfoliate because the skin can feel rough - obviously it is vital to use the correct product.

I would say it's very important not to do any deep massage on the face,as this will aggrevate the broken veins and cause more redness,exfoliation needs to be VERY gentle as again this may cause soreness.Take care with any open pustules and above all make sure you use the right products for her skin type.

I would concentrate on a soothing/calming facial.Dont worry,be guided by what she tells you,she will be more than aware of her skin problems,so a thorough skin consultation is a must.You will be fine.I would get her written consent that she's happy for you to go ahead with a facial given her problems.I'm sure this was a must when we covered Rosacea at college.Good luck:hug:

p.s avoid any heat treatments with this condition.HTH

The client's skin will look very red after her facial no matter how careful you are. It may be a good idea to apply a small amount of tinted medicated cream afterwards so that the client can go home without feeling self conscious. The type of cream I have in mind is the sort used after electical epilation treatments for the face. I also find that not having your client lying flat can reduce excess local circulation to the head, so some pillows should help. Obviously make sure that the room is well ventilated, and that a fan is available for your client.

I have this condition so can empathise with how your client may feel.

Latest posts

Back