Client with sore, broken nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serene Vicky

Reaction score
Hi guys
One of my clients is 84 and is suddenly having trouble with her nails breaking very low down and being very painful. She currently has gel polish on, which I need to take off for her, but even getting her nails wet is painful at the moment. What can I use to take the polish off? She also wants me to reapply gel polish for her holiday, should I do it?
She is due annual blood tests because of her age in the next couple of weeks, so is going to mention that her nails have suddenly started breaking like this.7
Thanks in advance guys

Do you buff before gel polish application?

Low breakages can be caused by over buffing of the nail during prep, soreness also sounds like thinning of the nail plate.

I don't buff this clients nails because of how old she is, the polish lasts so well on her without buffing, she has gone away for six weeks before and 9against my advice obviously!) come home with the polish that I put on before went away!

Nails don't break and become sore without a cause, either systemic or outside intervention...... if you know you have caused no damage (and she hasn't been elsewhere) then I'd be waiting on doctors outcome before doing much more.

There is no way of removing gel polish without remover, it's gentler than buffing, especially if she is suffering already.

I wouldn't do much more than manicure and normal polish until you get to the bottom of it

Thank you, I'll go very gently on the removal and offer her normal polish until she has been to Drs, she won't be happy because she has a holiday coming up, but I won't risk it

Latest posts

Back