Client yeast infection after Lycon bikini ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate79

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have had a client say that she got a yeast infection (down below) the day after I did a high bikini wax with So Berry Hot Wax by Lycon. I used the Jasmin before oil also.

She said that she also had it happen 1 time before when she got a wax in Dubai.

Has anyone ever heard of this happen before?

I think she must've already had an underlying yeast infection. Waxing does not cause a yeast infection.
Some people do have a reaction to the wax but this is a reaction to waxing, and generally nothing to do with yeast infections.
I would suggest her seeing a GP. Hth

It could be from the fragranced oil, I know if you are prone to yeast infections they say to avoid anything fragranced x

i have never known waxing to cause a yeast infection and i have been waxing clients for over 15 years, i agree and would say she already had it but just bad timing that her symptoms came out the day after her wax!

It could be from the fragranced oil, I know if you are prone to yeast infections they say to avoid anything fragranced x

They do say to avoid fragranced products, nylon tights,hot baths etc but the amount of oil used or after wax products really should not cause a yeast infection.

You would have to be really liberal with the use of these products to cause a yeast infection. I seriously think she had it there already and that this was a case of bad timing.

She should get it checked out with her GP to ensure there's nothing else more sinister and to get relevant treatment.

Many things can cause a yeast infection - including btw eating marmite... :)
If she has had one before then she's likely to get them going forward - I had my first one when I was pregnant as your body alters significantly and you are more prone to them. I doubt that a high bikini wax however would cause these problems... even with the oil as the oil shouldn't be going anywhere near that area for a bikini wax?

I am not a waxing geek so can only go by my personal experience.

Been having hollywoods for years no problems but then changed to a new therapist who used Lycon every time after wards I got a yeast infection, just kept getting it treated and didnt really think about it, I have now gone back to my old therapist who doesn't use Lycon and have not had a yeast infection since!

Thanks so much every one.

I am changing my wax anyway to Perron Rigot but will defo try and be more carful with the jasmin oil.

Can normal grapeseed be used for sensitive clients?

Latest posts

Back