Clients and Mobile Phones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreekNails

Reaction score
Do you have problems with clients and mobile telephones??

I accept that in day to day life it is important to have your phone available and ready in case of emergencies, but taking calls from your friends just to tell them all about your nail enhancements "minute by minute" surely is over the top.

I have some clients that seem to take endless calls from husbands, boyfriends, friends, mothers etc etc just to "waffle" on about how they are having their nails done. I also get husbands that call my client to check "where they are"...................eeekk

It adds extra time to my treatments and is very frustrating.

I have even looked at the special film that can block mobile signals for my salon windows.

Is it me or is this a common problem??

Eva

Yes hun i'm affraid its a very common problem, although now i've moved salons the signal isn't as good which is a bonus, i don't think there is much you can do x

I give a look....:lol:...and they hang up and apologise. xx

Angie - fab. I love it......

Im practicing as we speak.

Eva

LMAO!!!:lol: :lol:

I think we've all encountered similar problems with phones. Like you say it's not the emergency calls that are a problem, but the general unnecessary chit chat, gets right up my nose.

It doesn't happen to me as often these days. If a client took a call for a chat I used to completely stop work,tools down and everything and wait for them to finish before I carried on, (with the up most politeness, of course!).
I think the client felt like I was listening to their private calls, so it stopped.:lol:

LMAO!!!:lol: :lol:

It doesn't happen to me as often these days. If a client took a call for a chat I used to completely stop work,tools down and everything and wait for them to finish before I carried on, (with the up most politeness, of course!).
I think the client felt like I was listening to their private calls, so it stopped.:lol:

That is the way that I handle it too and it seems to work wonders.

The only problem I have is they are texting though! Although I have sometimes down tooled then too! :lol:

That is the way that I handle it too and it seems to work wonders.

The only problem I have is they are texting though! Although I have sometimes down tooled then too! :lol:

Oooh texting is even worse! Definitely tools down for that one.
They have this real deep concentration on what they're texting and with out them knowing it, the hand you're working on stiffens like wooden plank. (Lack of coordination probably).
You know when a child is concentrating really hard and the tongue comes out!!!:lol: :lol:

You know when a child is concentrating really hard and the tongue comes out!!!:lol: :lol:

You know something - my tongue does that sometimes too when I am doing nails! :lol:

I've tried the 'look'.
On some it works.. others... theyre CLUELESS.

In most cases, I have to tell it to them straight. Politely and with a grain of humour and a grin of course, that more or less means "I have other things to do, and you are slowing up the parade".
For my real 'talkers', I ask them to turn it off the minute they come in. I remind them "isn't voicemail a wonderful thing? Then you can truly enjoy your break of being pampered without interuptions":green:

I've been thnking of making a sign that reads

"It's not pampering if you're interupted by the phone like at work and at home. Enjoy your break and please turn off your cell phone"

:hug:

I don't mind too much if I'm working on one hand and they use the other hand to take the call but what did annoy me once, a lady took her hand from under the lamp and stuck her nails in her hair. I'd only just put the gel on....:mad:

I don't mind too much if I'm working on one hand and they use the other hand to take the call but what did annoy me once, a lady took her hand from under the lamp and stuck her nails in her hair. I'd only just put the gel on....:mad:

Ive had this happen but she was having colored gel put on so she ended up with gel strikes :lol: :lol: :lol:

If a client puts their phone on my desk I tell them to move it (politely) as it will get covered in dust and god knows what else.

Then I make sure that I prep both hands and even though I know I am gonna go over them again I say to them, you can't use your hands now (or stick 10 forms on, its funny seeing them trying to do anything with those on).

If the phone rings, I dont give up the hand, I start sticking my tongue out the side of my mouth like i'm really concentrating on a difficult bit.

I had a few clients with gel on their clothes, phones and hair from taking them out the lamp before they were cured. The worse one was a lady wearing a black mohair jumper and she scratched her back!!!!

Works wonders

Rachel

I have one client that does that all the time. It drives me nuts.

It 's one of those things with clients, I hate it though, I also down tools at times and sigh heavily,and look at my watch(which already has hands that spin forward :eek: )

It 's one of those things with clients, I hate it though, I also down tools at times and sigh heavily,and look at my watch(which already has hands that spin forward :eek: )

Awwwwwwwww that's the problem:!: :idea:
I don't have a watch:lol:

(actually, I have a pocket watch, but when at home, rely on clocks on the walls in every room LOL)

Brilliant!! Can you do a training course, or at least a tutorial please??!!

:eek: this is the look!!!

:smack: this is what you do if they don't stop!

I've said it before and I HATE being mobile because for some strange reason they suddenly think they can do ANYTHING they want!

Jumping up to answer their home phones... popping little man/lady on lap in middle of service, constantly texting, texting and holding baby - "erm, I need at least ONE flipping hand to work on here!!", answering the door and chatting!!! Going off to find x,y,z for little man/lady. EATING and PREPARING their lunch!!! (seriously - long story but they had an EXCUSE). The other night was the worst night I have had in ages - I very very nearly just WENT! and I also am now seriously thinking of NOT being mobile!

And YES I have asked them politely NOT to do all these things ... heck I even make a point of getting my phone out pre service and wittering on about puttin it on silent so as NOT to disturb us!!!!! :irked:

Latest posts

Back