Clients and time.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Just had a phone call that went like this :rolleyes:

"hi are you the nail tech who's salon is on **** st ??"

"No I am sorry that is called ******** Nails

"Well do you do gel nails and how long do they take to do??"

"Yes I do gel nails and the appointment normally takes 1hour 30 minutes"

"No I will try ********* nails they can do them in 30 minutes:eek:Do you happen to know their number??"

"No I dont know their number sorry" ended call

Now the salon she is asking about is my local nss :rolleyes: So my timing is what put this client off coming to me. Cant wait to see gigi in action and then I can finally compete with these salons.

I hate it when people ask if you know another salon's phone number. They can't even be bothered to look in the phone book!

I think 1 hr 30 is fine for gel nails. I still leave that and i have been doing nails for 8 years. Think i might just chat too much though!

DO NOT BE UPSET.

nails in 30 min - i can imagine the quality.:irked:
I have a salon not far from me they take 45 min to do nails and charge £30.00 (chinese place - i get a lot of business from them, after they file clients nails to ribbons and there hardly any bed left)

Timing is important to get more business, but quality is much more important. Your nails look fab.

I wish there was a law or something to get this chinese places shut. More people get put off enhancements as places like this ruin their nails.

There is a place in WAles - called nail factory or smth - and it is avtually like a conveyer belt. You start at one end and move alongthe line , each step is completed by another girl! Can you imagine?

if the client had sense she would realise that for them to take an hour less than you they are missing out part of the service, also too ask for the number of your competitor durrrrrrrrr!! :rolleyes:

Thing is Lell, there are 2 types of client out there, just as there are two types of tech!

The first client wants her nails to look good but really doesn't like the faff of sitting there having them done, doesn't want to pay decent money, doesn't care what condition they are in under the thick layer of 'acrylic/gel/airbrushed white tip' whatever, doesn't look after their nails and has absolutely no loyalty anywhere.

This client goes to a tech who pops off the old tips with a new one, doesn't do any prep, save a bit with the electric drill file, uses questionable quality products and bangs it on in one bead or layer (if indeed their gel is gel!) with no thought to the nasties trapped underneath. They probably don't remember the clients name even!

The second type of client enjoys having beautiful works of art done, relaxes through the experience of their creation, values the work that has been put into them and treat her digits like her diamonds and her tech with respect. She goes to a a tech that cares about clients and nails!

Some of the first type of client will become the second....not many of the second will ever turn into the first.

And quite frankly, I don't want clients like the first ones, anyway!

Don't compete with em Lell,you offer great service,care of the natural nail,an innovative new method, with reduced service time ,they'll not know what's hit em :D

she obviosly does not like her nails as they will be riped to shreads where she is going! honestly some people.....who cares how long it takes as long as the nails are good quality,strong , last and they look good....dont worry huni ...she will be phoning you up in tears asking if you can fix them xxxx

It's her loss Lelli, certainly not yours .... she might re-think her decision once she's paid a visit to the local chop shop :lol:

I would have said, in the most polite tone of voice possible

"if your choice is 30min gel nails, then what you will get are 30 min L&P nails with uv sealant over top with your natural nails gouged and e-filed to bits, you'll be at risk for over-exposure & infection from an unsanitary environment with thick lumpy shovels for nails INSTEAD OF 1hr30min REAL UV GEL nails that are beautiful, with no damage to the natural nail whatsoever, clear as glass, from a well trained and qualified technician who produces QUALITY nails"

I can't see how real uv gel, no matter the tech, can be done in 30min.
I just can't imagine how.

You don't want clients like that. I know i don't. I don't make excuses anymore. In the beginning, I did all that I could to get any client. Figuring any was better than none. I know better now.

My work speaks for itself, as will yours

:hug:

I would have said, in the most polite tone of voice possible

"if your choice is 30min gel nails, then what you will get are 30 min L&P nails with uv sealant over top with your natural nails gouged and e-filed to bits, you'll be at risk for over-exposure & infection from an unsanitary environment with thick lumpy shovels for nails INSTEAD OF 1hr30min REAL UV GEL nails that are beautiful, with no damage to the natural nail whatsoever, clear as glass, from a well trained and qualified technician who produces QUALITY nails"

I can't see how real uv gel, no matter the tech, can be done in 30min.
I just can't imagine how.

You don't want clients like that. I know i don't. I don't make excuses anymore. In the beginning, I did all that I could to get any client. Figuring any was better than none. I know better now.

My work speaks for itself, as will yours

:hug:
oooohhhh victoria...had to laugh at the last line...it,s straight to the point in your face and hitting the nail on the head...bravo bravo xxx

Latest posts

Back