Clients are so thoughtless...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some clients can be so obnoxious (sp).

It infuriates me so much!

I'm very fortunate with my regulars, they are mostly reliable and on time. (except for a couple who are always late, but I factor that in!! so if they ever arrive on time they may have to wait ;)

However within the last 2 months, I have had a few offers on they arrive late, with hoards of children or they do not turn up at all. Infuriating when I have had to turn down appointments or give the business to another technician.:irked:

I decided that as far as the no show brigade go I am either being paranoid and some one is playing me for a fool, or b, I've just been unlucky with rude inconsiderate people. I like to maintain a positive and professional approach so I'm assuming it to be the latter.

The issue has been resolved by means of a deposit! £25 for all lash appointments, £10 for brow/nail appointments, 50% deposit for anything over 2 hours..this is for brand new clients only. Min 24 hrs notice of change or cancellation (excl sundays).... Strangely enough its worked...no cancellations this last week, at pains to point out here, no one leads a perfect life and things happen, I'm not unreasonable and will happily juggle things around to move and fit people in.

Unfortunately some clients think we have nothing better to do, I've had clients like those in the past and thankfully these days they are few and far between and not worth the effort. Decent Clients are worth looking after and a pleasure to see every two week:)

Last edited:
It's so frustrating isn't it!! I had one myself last night. I'd confirmed the night before & everything was fine, she was originally booked in for 7pm, text at 5 saying can I come for 7:30 so I agreed!! It got to 7:30, no sign, gave her while 7:40, still no sign. I text to see if she was on her way at 7:45 & her reply was "just getting out of the shower, I'll only be 30 mins!!" I was furious!!! Told her I'd need to re book!!! Clients can be so rude!! I'd been doing treatments since 9am so didn't quite fancy a 10pm finish!! She has re booked but told her she needed to give me 24 hrs notice if she can't make it or I'll have to charge :-/ grrrrrr!!!!

It's so frustrating isn't it!! I had one myself last night. I'd confirmed the night before & everything was fine, she was originally booked in for 7pm, text at 5 saying can I come for 7:30 so I agreed!! It got to 7:30, no sign, gave her while 7:40, still no sign. I text to see if she was on her way at 7:45 & her reply was "just getting out of the shower, I'll only be 30 mins!!" I was furious!!! Told her I'd need to re book!!! Clients can be so rude!! I'd been doing treatments since 9am so didn't quite fancy a 10pm finish!! She has re booked but told her she needed to give me 24 hrs notice if she can't make it or I'll have to charge :-/ grrrrrr!!!!

Unbelievable! Who do these people think they are?

I love the ones that ring and say "can you do my nails for me in half an hour?". WTF? Do they think I've been sitting by the phone all day waiting for their call?

I had one today,a back massage booked in,no show so I called her home number ten minutes after appointment time and said who it was,she replied with 'Oh yeah I was meant to cancel today,I've gotta work',I asked if she wanted to rebook and she said 'yeah but I'll ring next Saturday and have it that afternoon'....explained that I'm full next Saturday and she said 'you finish at 5 on a Saturday don't you? Can't you do it at 5 as its only half hour....' Ermm no I can't...grrr x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Ive managed to put a nr total stop to no shows or just blatant late clients now.
The ones who are notorious for being late are booked in 15 mins later than they think and the know shows were struggling to get in as im normally booked up for at least 2-3 weeks at a time sometimes,although i do try to juggle as much as i can but if they are regular "sorry forgot" clients,i tell the =m il have to take a deposit as its salon policy as ive lost money (unless they miss due to illness).
We dont get lunch breaks marked out in the book as it never runs to time etc so id rather have 5 mins here or there and be hectic all day to be honest!
x

Do you know what... This lady with the grizzling baby will never forget that you were so helpful. She will not only remember it, she will go on to recommend you to a whole world of other moms with grizzly babies...

I would simply learn to enjoy these clients, laugh about the situation with them & actually let them talk there socks off about there littles ones. At the end of the day they're custom is invaluable & they can advertise to others where you can't :)

We get this every week without fail!
It's so annoying when they dont even bother to call...mind you I had a lady booked in for a gel mani and pedi last week, due in at 11am, she phones at 11.10am to say she's just leaving her house as she didnt realisr the time and will be another 30 mins.
I explained that I had someone in straight after her so wouldnt be willing to make that client late, oh well she said, i'll just wait there till she's finished and then you can do me! Err...no love, i'm booked up and wont have time to do you after your nearly a hour late!

Well I have a very thoughtless client my 7 year old daughter is having an operation next week my client wanted her nails done the next day so I explained I would have to let her know as this was happening but it would be probobly the week after so I can be with her for her recovery.

All the best for your litle ones op x :Love:

Do you know what... This lady with the grizzling baby will never forget that you were so helpful. She will not only remember it, she will go on to recommend you to a whole world of other moms with grizzly babies...

My thoughts exactly! Although as she had her treatment without having the full money on her and expected the OP to tell her not to worry about it.... perhaps not. If it had been me, I would have been giving you a tip for being so kind as to heat the bottle for me!

Crystal, good luck to your daughter for the op and I hope she has a speedy recover after xx

Unbelievable! Who do these people think they are?

I love the ones that ring and say "can you do my nails for me in half an hour?". WTF? Do they think I've been sitting by the phone all day waiting for their call?

I have one like that everytime, she phones about 10am and wants her nails done that morning, um, no im booked up, I feel like she thinks im sat by the phone waiting for her call!

She is so lovely though, and at the end of every app I try and get her to book in for the next time but she just says, ill give you a call when Im ready, aaagghhh!!!!!

I would simply learn to enjoy these clients, laugh about the situation with them & actually let them talk there socks off about there littles ones. At the end of the day they're custom is invaluable & they can advertise to others where you can't :)

I agree but not sure you want a whole load more moms with grizzly babies!!!

I had a client wanting a bikini wax come in and wanting it immeadiatly Ok no probs as I had a gap, she then brought her five year old son into the treatment room, he stood next to me through the whole thing despite me saying oh why dont you sit on the chair sweetie, I actually caught him on the side of the head with a bit of wax at one point, I have to also say that it was a very high g string bikini wax that she wanted so it was all hanging out there (cant imagine the flash backs this kids going to have when hes 15!) she then spent the whole time on the phone, she kept saying to who ever she was talking to that she would be there in 5 mins, so felt totally pressured to do it quick...I kept saying that it would be at least 15/20 mins.....
Having said that the majority of my clients are really lovely, its jsut a shame that theres always one or two!

I'm still new to all this, so no doubt I will experience the same problems at some point. But, as a human being I am shocked at the rudeness and selfishness of some people.

I wouldn't dream of strolling into my hair salon and expecting my extremely busy stylist to not mind me being late/fit me in the same day. I have to book two appointments ahead to get in with her. The same goes for any one off treatments I may treat myself to at times. You just don't do it.

Where is the respect? :|

Had exactly the same on friday just gone! My client booked for 2pm, she text at half 1, saying can she come at half 2, I said yes. Got too 2.50 and I text to say are u ok with directions etc. Got a reply at 3pm, oh sorry just in Asda, got held up, be ten mins! She didn't get here till half 3! Was so angry! I had to cut appointment short as I had someone else to get too at 5.
She turned up with her bf who waited in the car the whole time, and when I asked what she was up to the rest of the day, she said oh nothing now!!
So her boyf could of gone to Asda while she was at mine, or they could of done it after! And I was the one who had to text her to ask where she is.

So rude!! I am so apologetic when I'm 5 mins late!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Had exactly the same on friday just gone! My client booked for 2pm, she text at half 1, saying can she come at half 2, I said yes. Got too 2.50 and I text to say are u ok with directions etc. Got a reply at 3pm, oh sorry just in Asda, got held up, be ten mins! She didn't get here till half 3! Was so angry! I had to cut appointment short as I had someone else to get too at 5.
She turned up with her bf who waited in the car the whole time, and when I asked what she was up to the rest of the day, she said oh nothing now!!
So her boyf could of gone to Asda while she was at mine, or they could of done it after! And I was the one who had to text her to ask where she is.

So rude!! I am so apologetic when I'm 5 mins late!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Hateeeee people that do that and aren't even sorry!! Do they not realise you have things to do, but we just have to smile and carry on lol xxx

Latest posts

Back