Clients, argh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have a notice printed and put up in reception area where everyone can see it saying "UNFORTUNATELY WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT CHEQUES"
See how that goes and stick with it from now on. Good luck

Good idea but I'm mobile soon to be home salon but I'll definatly not be accepting cheques again!
:)

Makes you want to take cash up front doesn't it ? I always feel bad asking for money before the treatment as it's almost like saying you don't trust them and also the chance of adding on treatments reduces when they have already paid iykwim

Good idea but I'm mobile soon to be home salon but I'll definatly not be accepting cheques again!
:)

Pop a note on your website and all your ads and your terms and conditions, that should let them know ( if they take the time to read) I still have people asking how much even though my prices are there in black and white.:D

Thanks for the advice hun I will be advising all my customers of this!
They do always ask how much would this be, how much would that be? I think they expect you to say oh I'll do it cheaper!!

If you're mobile/home based and you get that feeling that they'll mess you about (which I generally find to be true), you could always use a paypal account to take pre payment or even a deposit then they don't have to get it to you in cash and they'd be less likely to let you down. I know someone who does it and it works for them.

Oh my god! How can someone text you that!!?? I had a client who owed me money for a treatment and after many texts finally got it a few months later!!!! Another client last month asked if i could do a few treatments on her and could she could pay me when she got back from her holiday.. I learnt my lesson before and said no! X x

DONT some clients just take the michael out of us softies:grr:
Ive managed to weed out & lodge the money messer EX-clients of mine,
I now accept bank transfers to my business bank account,
1: This elliminates the "NO CASH AROUND ME TODAY" exuses they tend to use on us!!
2: You can say "I no longer accept cheques due to bank fee's & that the bacs are free of charge"
3: EVERYBODY owns a debit card?!? RIGHT?!?
Hope this might help a bit hun - Pending if u want rid of this particular messer- I'd tell her im fully booked constantly & make ureself avilable to her only @ the end of the month-being her pay day:wink2:

Thanks for advice girlies :) xx

Oh my gosh that is awful. It's so annoying you wouldn't go into topshop or sainsbury's and do that so why is it were treated different!!! I can't believe she actually said that I point blank would not treat her again it's totally out of order and sounds like a client you could do with out babe. :( xxx

Oh my gosh that is awful. It's so annoying you wouldn't go into topshop or sainsbury's and do that so why is it were treated different!!! I can't believe she actually said that I point blank would not treat her again it's totally out of order and sounds like a client you could do with out babe. :( xxx

Definatly! Well today is the day she said she would call with the money so we'll see x

Thanks for the advice hun I will be advising all my customers of this!
They do always ask how much would this be, how much would that be? I think they expect you to say oh I'll do it cheaper!!

Yes, Special Price just for you for one day only..... A quid and free if you pay by cheque :twisted:

Aren't some clients cheeky!!! Iv done this girls nails about 5 or 6 times now & on 3 occasions her cheques have bounced. Maybe I'm too nice to keep accepting them!! The last cheque that bounced I said I would be happy to take a cash payment on her next appointment! She since cancelled that appointment, this is now 4 weeks ago & I'm still waiting for £35 I know it's not mega bucks but I'm so annoyed!!
Iv tried ringing, texting & no answer! This morning wakes up to a text message saying please stop bothering me for money, who do you think you are some kind of bayliff! I will give you your money next week when I get paid!
I haven't replied yet as I am do completely gob smacked!!
I thought she were a really nice girl??!!...

Accepting a service and failing to pay is stealing.

How rude she is and how unacceptable her behaviour.

If you are going to take cheques make sure you ask for the bank guarantee card as someone on here has said . . . although some banks are phasing these out I understand . . . or just become cash only.

I feel for you, not a nice position to be in, but she is in the wrong here big time.

I actually can't believe you are willing to sit there are do her flaming nails for her after that text!! Cash or not!!

If you do do them again I'd ask for the cash first or she may have to just pop to the cashpoint machine afterwards. x

I won't be doing her nails again! I think she would be too embarrassed to come to me again.
At 9:30 tonight her boyfriend knocked on my door with an envelope of £30 saying love from Kelly!! Ha at least that's done with now x

Brilliant! You've lost a crap client and got your money in the end. Result! :D
So glad you finally got paid....things like that fester on me and cause me no end of stress. I think it's more the principle rather than the money.

Sure is more principle than money & the fact she was so nasty about it! But oh well another lesson learnt & I'd rather not have customers like her x

Latest posts

Back