Clients, argh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Aren't some clients cheeky!!! Iv done this girls nails about 5 or 6 times now & on 3 occasions her cheques have bounced. Maybe I'm too nice to keep accepting them!! The last cheque that bounced I said I would be happy to take a cash payment on her next appointment! She since cancelled that appointment, this is now 4 weeks ago & I'm still waiting for £35 I know it's not mega bucks but I'm so annoyed!!
Iv tried ringing, texting & no answer! This morning wakes up to a text message saying please stop bothering me for money, who do you think you are some kind of bayliff! I will give you your money next week when I get paid!
I haven't replied yet as I am do completely gob smacked!!
I thought she were a really nice girl??!!...

Aren't some clients cheeky!!! Iv done this girls nails about 5 or 6 times now & on 3 occasions her cheques have bounced. Maybe I'm too nice to keep accepting them!! The last cheque that bounced I said I would be happy to take a cash payment on her next appointment! She since cancelled that appointment, this is now 4 weeks ago & I'm still waiting for £35 I know it's not mega bucks but I'm so annoyed!!
Iv tried ringing, texting & no answer! This morning wakes up to a text message saying please stop bothering me for money, who do you think you are some kind of bayliff! I will give you your money next week when I get paid!

All i can say is... sack her!!

Jurate xx

I most certainly will be doing!!
:)

Omg! Cheeky mare! I wouldnt know what to say :-0 Hope you get ur money or at least lose her as a client! X

Hi I wouldn't be in a rush to except Any more cheques. I would explain that you have carried out a service that she has not paid for and would she do the same if it were a dress in a shop? You are entitled to be paid for you're work and I would explain that from now in cash is the only way you will be accepting payment. If I was the client I would be mortified, she obviously doesn't care or thinks she can get away with it. But be polite and explain that it obviously upset you and you don't want to fall out but that's how it's going to be from now on xx

Omg !!!! This is crazy, unfortunately we are living in times when money is hard however don't have a service if you can't pay for it.
Jojo u are kind I wouldn't accept a check after the 1st time it bounced.
What ever amount money is money and you are running a business and she should be apologetic and get the money to you ASAP with a thank you card!
Keep us updated to if she pay s or not
X

I would be mortified too!! I can't believe the cheek of her :-/ you think you know a person eh!!
Will keep you posted. Your right she couldn't go into TOPSHOP & get a dress and be able to pay whenever you have the money!!! Grrr

Definately dont let her book again,so cheeky,hope you get your money :)

Unfortunately your story doesnt surprise me, some people can be extremely cheeky. Personally I would never accept a cheque without a cheque guarantee card (you just write the long card number on the back of the cheque to guarantee the payment).

:eek: how rude! Im a bit of a softie but if I was spoken to like that I would not be doing her nails again x

Make sure you also get the bounce fee too usually £6 . I never accept cheques anymore but neither to Assa and loads more retailers the laws changed and now it's cash or card only :)

:hug:Oh honey poor you. You always seem so lovely in your posts on here so know that such a horrid text would have unsettled you! As Jurate has said, just give her the tin tack and put it down to experience, Her loss not yours as I am sure she will find out that good therapists are very hard to find!
Tina

Thanks ladies! :)
I never thought of the bounce back fee. Jeez what do I say about that??!! I need to grow a pair haha.
No one pays with cheques any more do they so I just thought as a one off from a nice client :-/ it would be ok??!!
Lesson learnt I think xx

:hug:Oh honey poor you. You always seem so lovely in your posts on here so know that such a horrid text would have unsettled you! As Jurate has said, just give her the tin tack and put it down to experience, Her loss not yours as I am sure she will find out that good therapists are very hard to find!
Tina

Thank you for that!!! Lovely of you to say!
Good therapists are hard to find :)

Stop taking cheques. And maybe if you want to treat her next time make sure she has the cash on her.

JoJo, I have to agree with a previous post that you always come across as very kind. That's not a bad thing at all. I'm sure that keeps your clients coming back.

This particular client's attitude is infuriating. Her pattern indicates to me that she is coming to you knowing that she has insufficient funds even before you begin your service. On top of that, she obviously feels that she has no obligation to make good on the check before it is convenient to her.

I know that she is a frequent client, but obviously she isn't a "good" one. Whether you collect your own fees for the returned check or not, at least get the amount for the returned check itself. When she hands you the cash, tell her from this point on she has only two methods of payment: cash or credit card PRE-PAY.

The reason I say credit card PRE-PAY is because you don't want to perform the service, get to check out, run her card and it get declined. It seems to be her pattern.

JoJo, I have to agree with a previous post that you always come across as very kind. That's not a bad thing at all. I'm sure that keeps your clients coming back.

This particular client's attitude is infuriating. Her pattern indicates to me that she is coming to you knowing that she has insufficient funds even before you begin your service. On top of that, she obviously feels that she has no obligation to make good on the check before it is convenient to her.

I know that she is a frequent client, but obviously she isn't a "good" one. Whether you collect your own fees for the returned check or not, at least get the amount for the returned check itself. When she hands you the cash, tell her from this point on she has only two methods of payment: cash or credit card PRE-PAY.

The reason I say credit card PRE-PAY is because you don't want to perform the service, get to check out, run her card and it get declined. It seems to be her pattern.

Thank you for that!
The reason why I accepted cheque in the first place is because she had been away & lost her bank card. Shouldnt have accepted another, I know!
Won't be doing it again that's for sure! Hopefully I'll get my money back next week as she said!

Did you reply to her text? Attitude I find infuriates me the most, I would feel like texting back who do I think I am?? Who do you think YOU are!!!!? Lool obviously I wouldn't lol x

I have replied & simply said to her I'll see her next week with the money & unfortunately if she does want her nails doing in the future it will have to be cash only. Iv had no reply as of yet!
We'll see what Monday brings :-/

I would have a notice printed and put up in reception area where everyone can see it saying "UNFORTUNATELY WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT CHEQUES"
See how that goes and stick with it from now on. Good luck

Latest posts

Back